ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn's home crowd.

I could care less but I remember you coming on the Football board after losses and making sure every knew you didn’t watch. I’ve never seen anyone spend so much time saying “nope, didn’t watch.” Funny!!
Now you are getting creepy. Stalk someone else already. I dont know you from Adam and couldn't care less what you post just as long as you quit stalking me.

Now you are getting creepy. Stalk someone else already. I dont know you from Adam and couldn't care less what you post just as long as you quit stalking me.
I don't know you and honestly don't want to, but it's impossible to forget it when a poster constantly shows up AFTER things went bad and says they aren't watching or didn't watch. Save me on the stalker sh*t. You are nothing but entertainment that keeps saying "nope, ain't watching or didn't watch". Do you think you'll be looked at badly by complete strangers if you did watch? I'll just laugh at the humor from afar going forward. 🤣

Lot of pussies in the Rafters crowd. Beat 2 days before the game.
Wouldn’t want to go into a game or a battle with the Rafters crew.

Players are not scared. Only many posters here.
Having said that, it will definitely be a tough game, no doubt. They all are …
We shall see when Auburn gets in UK’s space on the floor like the did SC. The Carolina players looked shaken and they were men, just wondering how our young guys respond? Another gut check for our young guys, but do we have the physicality?

I’ll go as far as saying we will give UT a better game at TBA than we give Auburn Saturday. This game might be brutal.

Aub’s environment is overrated. Pearl’s teams thrive on momentum and turnovers. Crowd feeds off that, but his teams at Tenn and Wisconsin Milw played the same way.

Exactly 114 straight home games at memorial then Georgia tech ended it but man that may be a record never broken cal broke a record the other night 3 straight home losses what 1968
Ii was 129 straight wins and I think UK went on to win another 49 in a row after that loss

Last edited:
Reactions: Samurai Cat
Kentucky doesn't have the same kind of fans it will never replicate the kind of crowd noise and atmosphere like they have at Auburn, Kansas and Duke. A harsh reality for our team.
Baloney. We had a better crowd at Memorial Coliseum than all those places you mention above. Again, I feel sorry for those that never witnessed a game pre-1976 at Memorial.

Shockingly Cats took them out of the game early on and when they started going nuts when they cut the 14 point lead down to 5 in the 2nd half the Cats responded and punched them in the mouth to end them.

Pretty impressed tonight.

I also felt we had no chance to win tonight not ashamed about that one bit Auburn was 13-0 at home with avg margin of 22 pts per win while they were coming off a 40 point win vs SC a team we lost to by 17 and while Kentucky coming off losses in 3 out of the last 5.

What made anyone actually believe we would win this game when looking at what I just wrote ?

Prayers ? I mean Kentucky played their @asses off tonight on D but it wasn't like Auburn didn't suck at shooting the ball they missed so many open 3s that other teams have been hitting it allowed us to continue to keep the D tight and prevent those drives to the basket that so many other teams were getting once they were bombing the open 3s.

I am just being truthful no one actually believed we had a good shot to win this game.

Baloney. We had a better crowd at Memorial Coliseum than all those places you mention above. Again, I feel sorry for those that never witnessed a game pre-1976 at Memorial.
Never went to a game there, but you couldn't hear Cawood or Ralph 90% of the time on radio because of the crowd/band..

Plain and simple, they have the better team, better modern day coach, and a better home court atmosphere than anyone in the conference since their new arena opened.

Gonna be ugly.
Lots of crow being served up in this thread. Kinda surprised at the names involved in the give up scared crew.

We had an arena that was better than all of those. Memorial Coliseum was the best college basketball venue prior to 1976 of anywhere in the country. The crowd was right down on the court. Even the balcony at the College View end felt like it was right on top of the floor. The student section was one side of the floor. Any of the arenas you mention pale at what the Old Yellow Brick Building was like. I feel bad for all the UK basketball followers who never witnessed a game there.
I wish we could play a game back in Memorial every season.

With the remodeling perhaps it’s feasible? Make them a national tv game to help with the revenue loss. We wouldn’t have to split any revenue.

I wish we could play a game back in Memorial every season.

With the remodeling perhaps it’s feasible? Make them a national tv game to help with the revenue loss. We wouldn’t have to split any revenue.
The athletics department should have never allowed Memorial to ever ever get in such disrepair. They destroyed the architectural integrity of the building by adding office space etc at the College View end. The renovation from the drawings I have seen will totally destroy any semblance of what was the greatest basketball venue in America.

Kentucky is old and traditional power. But they need to do what Kansas did and make 75% seats in lower bowl all way around dedicated to students. But UK can get big money for the seats so over half the lower bowl is old folks with season tickets that go for generations .

How you fix issue when entire lower lowl opposite benches is generational season tickets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT