Votes: 18 22.5%
  • 9:00 am

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • 10:00 am

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Whenever you damn well please the neighbors don’t matter

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
I had a neighbor, had to be at least 10 years ago. Lived in a house behind me (not directly, but adjacent to), and I'd be hanging out on my back patio, his mower would be going, then stop, and I'd hear all of this cursing, then the mower would start up, and the cycle would repeat, and I mean for hours.

I thought the guy just had a crappy mower, and I saw his wife out walking one evening, and I asked her about it and said that I have a spare mower they could have.

She acted uncomfortable but then said it wasn't the mower, it was because her husband has Tourette's 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I had a neighbor, had to be at least 10 years ago. Lived in a house behind me (not directly, but adjacent to), and I'd be hanging out on my back patio, his mower would be going, then stop, and I'd hear all of this cursing, then the mower would start up, and the cycle would repeat, and I mean for hours.

I thought the guy just had a crappy mower, and I saw his wife out walking one evening, and I asked her about it and said that I have a spare mower they could have.

She acted uncomfortable but then said it wasn't the mower, it was because her husband has Tourette's 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I had a neighbor who thought it was cool to mow at 8am even though I worked 3rd shift and had usually just gone to bed..... which is cool. I asked him to not do it on a couple particular days due to work and school schedule and asked if he minded... he did and just kept on mowing. ... Totally his right. So I started blaring my stereo as loud as it would go when I got home at 5am... and he was angry. It was weird how his opinion changed depending on if affected him or not. Weird.

Last edited:
I had a neighbor who thought it was cool to mow at 8am even though I worked 3rd shift and had usually just gone to bed..... which is cool. I asked him to not do it on a couple particular days due to work and school schedule and asked if he minded... he did and just kept on mowing. ... Totally his right. So I started blaring my stereo as loud as it would go when I got home at 5am... and he was angry. It was weird how his opinion changed depending on if affected him or not. Weird.

I applaud you sir. (My only hope is that you had a few Scottish bagpipe LP's...)

7:00 a.m. M-F

6:30 a.m. S-S

*or whenever it is light enough to start

*bonus for firing up the weedeater and blower earlier if your neighbor has been building shit in their garage until 11:00 p.m.

• Haha
Reactions: TruBluCatFan
I've found that getting in some practice on the drum kit, at about 7:00 am is a good way to deal with "neighbors"

Start off with a few up tempo punk rock numbers. It really gets the blood pumping, and sets the "tone" for the day.

Reactions: cole854
No close neighbours, so whenever I please.

Joaquin Phoenix Oh GIF

If you're in a suburban area: 9 am if you're using a gas mower and 8 am if you're using electric.

Anything earlier and f*** you.

I usually like to wait until the grass is dry, so about 10 or 11. But, I hate to be hot and if it’s going to be a scorcher that day, I might start at 8 a.m. If I start at 8, I’m done by 9:30.

Weekdays, I mow after work in the evenings.

I should note I don’t have a large yard and use a battery powered push mower. My mower isn’t nearly as loud as my neighbors’ gas engine mowers, especially the guy to my right. His mower has to be at least 35 years old and sounds like a motorcycle. Lol.

Sorry, bubs....you'll just have to deal with it. Afraid your beauty sleep will be interrupted w/ your new gadget?
It isn't like you have time to mow anyway. You apparently spend your every waking hour stalking twitter to nonsensically gripe about Elly De La Cruz or otherwise make your way places that clearly do not want you.

Or maybe, just maybe…some people legitimately and literally (yes, the actual meaning of the word) don’t have the actual time to mow due to all of the activities and extracurriculars their family is involved in.

Go ahead thinking you’re a “real man” and bad ass because you mow your own grass. You and your views on life always being so black and white and absolute are ridiculous. You don’t know shit about anyone else’s individual situation yet constantly cast judgment around these boards.

Or maybe, just maybe…some people legitimately and literally (yes, the actual meaning of the word) don’t have the actual time to mow due to all of the activities and extracurriculars their family is involved in.

Go ahead thinking you’re a “real man” and bad ass because you mow your own grass. You and your views on life always being so black and white and absolute are ridiculous. You don’t know shit about anyone else’s individual situation yet constantly cast judgment around these boards.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

It's a message board....get a grip dipshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT