ADVERTISEMENT

At what point, if ever will we show Rick Pitino any sympathy?......

He did bring our program back from the very bottom of the late 80s/early 90s to a mini-dynasty of sorts...we can never take that away. And of course since 2001 I've playfully referred to him as "Benerick". :D But yeah I'm all for people being held responsible for and paying for their crimes. But I know from personal experience (and my wife's) that being in a position where you even consider suicide or self harm or whatnot...you wouldn't wish that on even your worst enemy. You just don't.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Cal at some point is going to bring Pitino back into the fold. It's how Cal is, watch.

Good post. I could easily envision Cal attempting to do this. Because, as you accurately point out, that's just the kind of man he is. But RP would never accept such an invitation because doing so would only confirm to the world that Cal is a better human being than he is. RP's ego simply won't allow that to happen.

tenor.gif

@bigbluelou

Good post. I could easily envision Cal attempting to do this. Because, as you accurately point out, that's just the kind of man he is. But RP would never accept such an invitation because doing so would only confirm to the world that Cal is a better human being than he is. RP's ego simply won't allow that to happen.

Hopefully some day he will have a come to Jesus moment/ event...

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I mean the man looks like warmed over death. I would hope the guy isn't suicidal. But it's pretty hard to feel sorry for a person that hasn't got an ounce of remorse about them. If he would say something like. I've made a lot of dumb mistakes in my life. And if I had it to do over I would do a lot of things different. Things like. I should have never left UK. And I should have never got so desperate late in my career that I would start cutting corners in recruiting. But instead he just keeps on doing what Pitino does. Lying & playing the victim.
https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitin...party-dancer-piling-incredible-045814494.html
Finished it with me when he went to UL and joined the crooked tyrant Jurich.

I'd consider it if he went to UNC or Duke and gave them the Louisville treatment.

In actuality, I don't think about him much anymore than just to shake my head anytime he opens his mouth publicly. He's become a caricature of himself.

When he comes back to Kentucky, and works on staff FOR Calipari. (He can coach the defense). And he appologizes to BBN for leaving, going to Louisville, making fun of Kentucky fans in the mountains during his hiring press conference at UL, and for flipping off Rupp arena. Then, he can come back and work FOR Cal. Yea, that will work for me. Then he can take his place back, in the halls of Kentucky basketball where he not only belongs, but where he should never have left in the first place.

And dont ever let anyone tell you that Kentucky fans started this fight with him. I was personally at the NBA preseason game in Rupp arena when Pitino brought the Celtics to play the Nets in Rupp. His first game as Celtics coach. He didnt come out of the tunnel for quite some time, but when he did, he got a 5 minute standing ovation. So Kentucky fans stuck by him, even after he left. The Louisville decision, and his actiions after are what cause the war. One I would hope he does his part to end.

Reactions: Cindog28
I mean the man looks like warmed over death. I would hope the guy isn't suicidal. But it's pretty hard to feel sorry for a person that hasn't got an ounce of remorse about them. If he would say something like. I've made a lot of dumb mistakes in my life. And if I had it to do over I would do a lot of things different. Things like. I should have never left UK. And I should have never got so desperate late in my career that I would start cutting corners in recruiting. But instead he just keeps on doing what Pitino does. Lying & playing the victim.
https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitin...party-dancer-piling-incredible-045814494.html
When you start saying stuff you've done wrong and come clean, then you can ask others to do the same.

Honestly the finger never bothered me. He was flipping off hecklers. People who heckle at games are assholes. Cowards. When the guy at UNC heckled Pitino, Roy rightly made the fan the bad guy.

But his decision to go to U of L, then to actually expect UK fans to just sit there and take it, then to make fun of them for not doing so....that did it for me.

His run from 93-97 and Cal's run from 11-15 have been my two favorite times as a sports fan. Just unbelievable times. For that, I always hope he figures it out before it's too late. Which it may be.

He basically got us two National Championships, I'm not a hater like most of you guys. Made mistakes he's paying for. Just like Blue Chips he got caught up trying to keep up with Cal.

I would love to think RP cluld/would have some remorse for all he has done but I'm afraid that ship sailed a long time ago. The man seems to just be a bad guy who was once beloved by BBN but has crossed us too many times and I just don't see him ever doing anything to receive our sympathy. Hate to judge anyone, and won't, but I just can't feel sorry for the guy or accept him again without him sincerely recanting all his wrong doings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT