ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Oscar’s potential to make Pacers roster as an undrafted player

I’ve always thought that if Oscar gets in the league and gets to play he will stick.

He’s gotta get there first. He’s not great on defense but defensive rebounding is defense.

And he’s great at that.

He doesn’t need plays run for him. He can be a garbage man. He points can come from put backs, run outs and free throws.

If he plays half a game in the show, 24 minutes, he will average 10-12 rebounds.

Reactions: G-PIP
I’ve always thought that if Oscar gets in the league and gets to play he will stick.

He’s gotta get there first. He’s not great on defense but defensive rebounding is defense.

And he’s great at that.

He doesn’t need plays run for him. He can be a garbage man. He points can come from put backs, run outs and free throws.

If he plays half a game in the show, 24 minutes, he will average 10-12 rebounds.
No he won't. Not against a floor full of 6'10/7 foot guys with long wingspans. The game I watched of summer league he looked undersized and it showed

Reactions: GGary
I'm going to say it doesn't work out in Indy and I dont trust Carlisle to develop him anyway so it will be the best thing for Oscar to move on.

I know it's a different league now than the late 80s and early 90s, but when I think about Dennis Rodman with the Pistons and Bulls, he had very little offensive game, less than Oscar. If that guy can make a team (and he started on 2 teams), I think Oscar's ability to rebound the basketball is so unique, it should help him make a roster and eventually get minutes. His offense needs work but he can keep working on it while he contributes in other ways.

I know it's a different league now than the late 80s and early 90s, but when I think about Dennis Rodman with the Pistons and Bulls, he had very little offensive game, less than Oscar. If that guy can make a team (and he started on 2 teams), I think Oscar's ability to rebound the basketball is so unique, it should help him make a roster and eventually get minutes. His offense needs work but he can keep working on it while he contributes in other ways.
Rodman was an athletic freak. Oscar cant get off the floor very fast. Huge difference

Rodman was an athletic freak. Oscar cant get off the floor very fast. Huge difference
It's true Rodman was an athletic freak. There is no doubt. But Oscar has other advantages- he's as strong as an ox and has the same nose for the ball. I've seen Oscar get up for his 2nd jump very quickly also. Rebounding translates, in my opinion. And he's not just a good rebounder, he's on an elite level. I could be wrong, of course. We'll see. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT