ADVERTISEMENT

Arky 5-22 from 3 against Ole Miss

YardCat

All-SEC
Jan 2, 2007
Memphis
How many 3’s will they make Saturday and what percentage will they shoot?
I’m guessing 9-25 but I’m also thinking we make 14-29.

They'll be playing with house money. Fan expectations are gone, GameDay will be there, etc. I can see them shooting the lights out especially if Cal goes with the busted defensive strategy of leaving bad shooters wide open. Most D1 college players can hit wide open shots, Cal

They'll light it up from beyond the arc. Just like South Carolina. Just like Georgia. Just like A&M.

Reactions: Fox2monk
How does a team that does not defend the 3 well give up so many layups one would think playing that far off the ball they would be able to stay in front
Well, when you get killed early by the 3 ball, you start hugging your guys and then they drive past you and get layups. That’s why shooting is so important.

I keep hearing Calipari talk about how teams
shoot out of their minds from the three point line when they play UK. I'm reasonably certain there's a direct correlation between that happening and our defender leaving them wide open. Just something for Cal to think about.

I watched the Ole Miss/Ark game last night. Ole Miss got down in their stance and stayed in front of Ark and contested their shots. Ole Miss hasn't been great on defense this, even though Chris Beard's teams usually are. If UK will stay attached on defense, it won't matter because Ark isn't very good and Muss looks frustrated on the sidelines.

14-27 and will either start or finish 7-8.

Hope I’m wrong but it seems like garbage shooting teams light us up from deep on the regular.

In SEC play (6 games) they are 32/119 for 26.8% so 10/23 sounds about right to me.
Make more Saturday than any game they have played this year. Especially coming off a 22.7% shooting game. Let’s hope they continue to suck worse then us and we get the win.

Every SEC team we have played has hit their conference season high number of 3’s against us except Georgia. Florida tied their high against us but all others hit their high mark. Our 3 point defense is as bad as it appears to be, if not worse, regardless of our opponents shooting %.

Every SEC team we have played has hit their conference season high number of 3’s against us except Georgia. Florida tied their high against us but all others hit their high mark. Our 3 point defense is as bad as it appears to be, if not worse, regardless of our opponents shooting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT