ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Media / Fans coping

Basil Cat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 25, 2021
Admittedly I paid 0 attention previously to anything about Arkansas unless it was a game day. I assume my TL is flooded because of the UK coach search and Cal leaving. But, have ua fans always been this dramatic ? The ONLY thing I ever remember seeing from them online was universal Cal hatred.

This plus all these recruiting experts responding to every UK recruiting thread. They are giving Louisville fans pre-KP a run for their money on delusion. I honestly never noticed an online presence from them previously.

Can’t believe I’m going to credit vol fans , but I guarantee they wouldn’t embrace Cal this blindly. God help me 🤢.

My cousin (a sensible Arky alum and fan) sent me a link to their hogville.net form (which by the way looks like the one of the worst organized forums I have ever seen). They have "FET" threads that link to this board and in it they copy and paste comments (some out of context and some in context) we make (mainly when they sign someone). Here is an example, after they signed Aidoo: https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=766530.0. Pretty funny quite honestly.

Kind of silly how it's Arky vs. UK in their minds, but it is UK vs. Cal in most of the minds that post anti-Arky comments here. The "hate us 'cause they ain't us" phrase comes to mind. Must be why we have seen the trolls come out a bit more as of late.

Have to love SEC fan passion! Gonna be a fun season.

Last edited:
It is interesting how the national media and the Arkansas fans are treating their getting Cal like some huge victory over us. Hello! Did anyone pay attention to the last 9 years? We gladly bestow him upon you. Celebrate all you want with his recruiting. Talk to me when you see his coaching.

I feel left out. I haven’t encountered 1 Arkansas fan online besides the loon that post here from time to time. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: ACT ONE
It is interesting how the national media and the Arkansas fans are treating their getting Cal like some huge victory over us. Hello! Did anyone pay attention to the last 9 years? We gladly bestow him upon you. Celebrate all you want with his recruiting. Talk to me when you see his coaching.
Cal was good for this program for 10 years.
This program was good for Cal for 10 years.
Cal said he stayed 5 years too long.
We know Cal stayed 5 years too long.
Cal had power over Mitch due to the buyout.
Cal ended up actually doing UK a favor by leaving a job he only still had due to a rich contract.

So far it has worked out for all involved. Cal got people talking Arky basketball again. Pope got us excited about UK basketball again.

Win/Win, but not because we lost. We owe this all to the dominos that fell once Enfield left USC for SMU. Crazy to think that was the catalyst for all of this. Muss can now coach shirtless at USC, we hope Cal keeps his shirt on at ARK, and in Pope we trust!

P.S. Send thank you cards to:

Andy Enfield
SMU Athletic Department
P.O. Box 750315 | 5800 Ownby Drive
Dallas, Texas 75275

Last edited:
Bottom line: Cal tried to use Arkansas to hustle UK for more NIL money and UK took advantage of the fact that Cal violated his contract to tell him to GTFO of town and we don’t owe you a dime now, fool.

Cal overplayed his hand and now has to live in Bum**** Fayetteville Arkansas for less money than he made here LOL. I would say live and work but we all know he (and his staff) won’t be working. He had UK by the balls until all of a sudden, he didn’t. Good riddance carpetbagger!!!

Why do people keep referencing the last 9 years?

Last 4? Certainly.

No one was sustaining 4 final fours and a title in 5 seasons. From fall 2009 to march 2020 overall was very good.

If we are gonna diss 2017 elite 8 and 2019 elite 8and 2020 (idk) seasons I think fans are setting up for disappointment no matter who the coach is. We aren't making the final four 80% of the time.

Admittedly I paid 0 attention previously to anything about Arkansas unless it was a game day. I assume my TL is flooded because of the UK coach search and Cal leaving. But, have ua fans always been this dramatic ? The ONLY thing I ever remember seeing from them online was universal Cal hatred.

This plus all these recruiting experts responding to every UK recruiting thread. They are giving Louisville fans pre-KP a run for their money on delusion. I honestly never noticed an online presence from them previously.

Can’t believe I’m going to credit vol fans , but I guarantee they wouldn’t embrace Cal this blindly. God help me 🤢.
Some of those "recruiting experts" are UK fans.

Why do people keep referencing the last 9 years?

Last 4? Certainly.

No one was sustaining 4 final fours and a title in 5 seasons. From fall 2009 to march 2020 overall was very good.

If we are gonna diss 2017 elite 8 and 2019 elite 8and 2020 (idk) seasons I think fans are setting up for disappointment no matter who the coach is. We aren't making the final four 80% of the time.

Well first of all, quit with the 2020 revisionist history. If Cal had actually played Maxey and Quickley together, then maybe. But instead he insisted on having Hagans run the point. Not only was Hagans a headcase, but he was also the biggest reason we crapped the bed against Auburn the previous year. No team with him starting was doing anything in March.

Speaking of the previous year, only Cal could take a team with Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, Keldon Johnson, and Reid Travis (who was first team All-Pac10 at his last school) and lose to a bunch of nobodys from Auburn MISSING THEIR BEST PLAYER. This also happened in 2018, when a mediocre K-state lost their best player before the game and still beat us after we were gifted a cake bracket.

You also conveniently omit 2016 (when we had a phenomenal backcourt duo in Ulis and Murray but Cal failed to recruit any frontcourt whatsoever and we were done in by Thomas freaking Bryant) and if we’re being honest, Cal blew 2015 too. Flat blew it. Admitted to not scouting Wisconsin. Had no plan. Horrible defensive gameplan. Team didn’t know how to run offense to get a bucket in crunch time.

Bottom line: Cal tried to use Arkansas to hustle UK for more NIL money and UK took advantage of the fact that Cal violated his contract to tell him to GTFO of town and we don’t owe you a dime now, fool.

Cal overplayed his hand and now has to live in Bum**** Fayetteville Arkansas for less money than he made here LOL. I would say live and work but we all know he (and his staff) won’t be working. He had UK by the balls until all of a sudden, he didn’t. Good riddance carpetbagger!!!
You really believe this?

Reactions: catzcan

I thought that was found to be Not True weeks ago.

• Haha
Reactions: chroix

I don’t believe for a second that his hustle was over NIL. Mitch had that very public meeting and told Cal he would no longer have total control of the program. Then made him go on TV where that was announced There would be checks in place for Barnhart to sign off on before things happened. What happened was Cal wanted to bring Brad on Staff and Mitch said No. Calipari then used Arkansas as a bargaining chip. He wanted total control back and add Brad. Mitch said bye bye. Arkansas gave him Brad. You know…. The guy with Earned Not Given tattooed across his chest. Lol

Reactions: catzcan
He's their coach now. Not surprised at all. And UT fans definitely would. They would fantasize about him taking them to a final four even though it wouldn't happen IMO.
he took Kentucky to 4. Yall leave your ex girlfriend alone. Shes banging another dude for weeks now and youre still stalking her Facebook and trying to figure out where shes going by looking at the background of her stories. Bunch of simps... ITS OVER. MOVE ON.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I will say this, Memphis fans were right.

Five years from now, Arkansas fans will say the same thing.
Probably more like 12 months from now Arkansas fans will say the same thing.

I honestly don't believe Cal will just flip Arkansas to a deep NCAAT run. He will panic more with them in the first round (if he even gets there) just because it's eating him up that he left KENTUCKY for freaking Arkansas. His ego is going to turn into panic, in my opinion. And in turn that will result in either not making the NCAAT, or flailing again in the first round as a middle seed (think 6-9 seed).

I hope Arkansas is undefeated
when they come into Rupp next year and we have a terrific pig roast.
I am on the other end of the spectrum. I want them to never win one game. I want Arkansas fans to go from this attitude like they are currently celebrating how they stole Cal away to crying about what in the hell did they just do to themselves and how right BBN was about the whole situation. We still can destroy them when they come to Rupp just the same.

Yeah. I hope they don't win a game. Not because of Cal, have no problems with him finding success after UK. It's their jackass fans who make me wish this on them.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I am on the other end of the spectrum. I want them to never win one game. I want Arkansas fans to go from this attitude like they are currently celebrating how they stole Cal away to crying about what in the hell did they just do to themselves and how right BBN was about the whole situation. We still can destroy them when they come to Rupp just the same.
I want that particular game to be the one that reminds them who is who.

Arkansas fans absolutely should be excited. They don't have our expectations. Even the bargain basement Cal they're getting raises their floor.

They're going to be a force in recruiting. They're going to get some impressive regular season victories, probably get ranked. He'll have the media talking about Arkansas basketball more than anytime since the 90s. They'll probably get some guys drafted that they can point to for years on end. They now get to have what feels like a real rivalry with us again.

They just got done with an awful season, and it wasn't looking hopeful at all. They've upgraded and as far as they're concerned they "stole" Kentucky's coach.

We care about March here and we demand excellence at a level they simply do not. Right now the fact that Cal can't handle adversity on or off the court isn't a factor. He'll face less of it there from the media and fans and they're used to losing questionable games they had no business losing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT