ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Game Druthers

Just one question... Coach Pope doesn't know or use any stall ball metrics does he? I know he's smart and all but I sure hope he "ain't" that smart.... jk jk... Only a fool would employ stall ball thinking "math" wins ball games...

I don’t get his roster. Come SEC play if he is consistent he will have 1-2 injured players that he may or may not have seen and 2 players with with fouls pretty quick and 1-2 whom have already checked out before the first tv timeout. I’m not sure he has enough players for the SEC.

It’ll be interesting to see how the refs treat UK and Cal this year. Who will the whistle follow? Maybe it should be a poll.

Druther%27s_Restuarant_Logo.jpg

I thought this was gonna be about a watch party at Druthers restaurant. Got excited.
Everybody meet in Campbellsville, I'll bring an old CRT TV we can watch it on.

FYI, Campbellsville has the only remaining Druther's Restaurant.

I don’t get his roster. Come SEC play if he is consistent he will have 1-2 injured players that he may or may not have seen and 2 players with with fouls pretty quick and 1-2 whom have already checked out before the first tv timeout. I’m not sure he has enough players for the SEC.

It’ll be interesting to see how the refs treat UK and Cal this year. Who will the whistle follow? Maybe it should be a poll.
Will be interesting now that we have a Coach who is no longer a villain to the NCAA or the Refs, if we start to get some better calls and quicker turnarounds for player eligibility issues.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Everybody meet in Campbellsville, I'll bring an old CRT TV we can watch it on.

FYI, Campbellsville has the only remaining Druther's Restaurant.
Is Andy Dandytail still the mascot? Most Druthers came from Burger Queen. After Druthers it became Dairy Queen. Miss Druthers. Had a killer salad bar.

Reactions: JDHoss
Arkansas is our Super Bowl

Arkansas isn’t anyone’s Super Bowl. They’ve got our old coach and they’re in conference. They haven’t even played a game against UK and their fans are overjoyed just to be talked about is some fashion WITH UK. For some to not understand it adds drama and people are going to talk about it is just strange. It shows a large amount of dumbassary to not think through that straight line maze.

Did some of you not realize Calipari, after being here 15 years and going to another team in conference, while taking our entire team, was not just going to be another day? That It would be discussed a lot? Did this skip your common sense lobe?

Calipari is also a lightening rod who is the most passive aggressive psycho we’ve ever seen in coaching. Arkansas will see soon enough the second they question anything he does. Calipari believed he was bigger than UK, imagine what he thinks of little Fayetteville bumf*ck Arkansas? That’ll be talked about too when it comes so you might as well prepare for it. Arkansas could win 100 straight against UK and they’d never be our Super Bowl. We’ve always been theirs and that’ll never change no matter how many of our washed up coaches they hire.

Is Andy Dandytail still the mascot? Most Druthers came from Burger Queen. After Druthers it became Dairy Queen. Miss Druthers. Had a killer salad bar.
Well it didn't "become" Dairy Queen so to speak, DQ was around long before Burger Queen or Druthers. Druthers Corporate agreed to become a territory operator for DQ so they converted a lot of their stores to DQ's. I've remodeled a couple of Wendy's that occupy old Druther's buildings down in Western KY.

My sister used to work at the one in LaGrange when we were in High School back in the 80's. We knew the Owner of that Franchise pretty well and their daughters went all through grade school with us. I remember eating there a lot as a kid.

I always knew we were in deep doo doo when Cal went slack jawed, tongue slightly elevated and started looking like a dementia patient. That was the look of...."Gooooo.....Ruuuun..... ain't gonna work".
I told my wife with 17 minutes left in that sec game against A&M we were beat. She said there is plenty of time you don’t know that. I said Dilly is the only one trying to play and Cal has his usual idk what to do look.

• Haha
Reactions: sambowieshin
I remember when it was announced that Pope was the new UK basketball Coach. A majority of posters were upset. Several wanted to start a petition. It was even mentioned to do what Texa a&m supporters did when they stopped Mark Stops from being hired. My question, what changed? Was it simply the Full Monty approach to Popes introduction that changed the acceptance of Nay to yay. Just curious.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I remember when it was announced that Pope was the new UK basketball Coach. A majority of posters were upset. Several wanted to start a petition. It was even mentioned to do what Texa a&m supporters did when they stopped Mark Stops from being hired. My question, what changed? Was it simply the Full Monty approach to Popes introduction that changed the acceptance of Nay to yay. Just curious.
I think it was around 50/50 on here, and probably 25% or so of the not such a fan side just wanted others considered before Pope. Most have had those concerns eased in the months since his hire. The rest will see once the games begin and some are pure Calipari fans.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I loved Druthers. I think that’s the most southern I’ve ever eaten from a chain.
My recollection is they were just okay and I was a kid so I'd guess it was more or less Dairy Queenish quality.

I guess the chicken was solid but not spectacular and other than that nothing stands out.

We all want to win and win big. Anyone have any specific moments they want to see in that game? Realistic or not.

I want to see Pope get up 20+ in the second half and then start yelling RUUUUNNNNNN!!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!! from the sideline. I would totally lose my s#&$ laughing.
Yeah that's totally going to happen. I would take a 1 point win

I think it was around 50/50 on here, and probably 25% or so of the not such a fan side just wanted others considered before Pope. Most have had those concerns eased in the months since his hire. The rest will see once the games begin and some are pure Calipari fans.
You could count on one hand the "pure" Cal fans. I can switch jobs, wives, cars, but never teams

We had a Druther’s back in my old Virginia home town. Started as Burger Queen, then Druther’s. That place was hoppin’ every day of the week from breakfast to supper. Of course, in a small town like that there wasn’t much competition. A DQ went in after it closed and is still there today. It seems like I read somewhere that there is only one remaining Druther’s left. Maybe in Campbellsville? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT