ADVERTISEMENT

Ark comes to Rupp in 2025

So weird that UK has had to face former coaches against Louisville AND Arkansas now.
Pitino's move to Louisville made more sense than Cal's to Arkansas.

Reactions: chroix
Cal always used to say Kentucky was everyone’s Super Bowl, now we are his Super Bowl
DING DING DING......WINNER. END OF THREAD.

OGC.31674417309d1120df71fa5de760b5e2

It'll absolutely be one of the most-watched games of this decade I would imagine (regular season).

It's going to smash records. Kentucky games already draw more viewers than any other single team. And now it's going to draw everyone from casual fans to die hard fans.. people who just want to see the fireworks and spectacle of this game. I have non-UK ffriends already talking about.

In football they made sure either Texas or Oklahoma would go to 4 schools and have 4 others at home. Makes sense. You would think in basketball each team would either go to Texas and have Oklahoma at home or vise versa. UK going to both Texas and Oklahoma. I am guessing a team gets both of those guys at home. Wonder if it is Alabama, Auburn or Arkansas, maybe Tennessee. Just odd to me. Would have been too easy for the SEC to have figured all that out. I know each team gets 3 home and home, knew we would get Bama and Tennessee as they are considered the 2 best SEC schools this year, and then Vandy. I know tennessee and vandy are our permanent opponents. So that leaves 10 games, should have been easy. Guess not.

So what's the deal with the schedule now?

We no longer play Florida twice every season but will we play UT and Vandy twice every year still?

Seems to me beating Cal is our Super Bowl.
This game will be important to UK fans as long as he is there. I think it is still more important for any SEC team to beat UK than the other way around. UK fans care about banners. It seems we are so far from banners that it is almost laughable to think that way. We didn't change and expect the same thing, our last coach changed and was on easy street and more concerned with "generational poverty" and winning recruiting banners and draft night.

So what's the deal with the schedule now?

We no longer play Florida twice every season but will we play UT and Vandy twice every year still?
My understanding is we have 2 perm rivals which appears to be Tennessee and Vanderbilt then you play an alternate team home and home each season. This year it's Alabama. The alternate changes every season. It boils down to 9 home games and 9 road games...it's a way for the SEC to still have 18 conference games.
Florida is no longer a perm rival

My understanding is we have 2 perm rivals which appears to be Tennessee and Vanderbilt then you play an alternate team home and home each season. This year it's Alabama. The alternate changes every season. It boils down to 9 home games and 9 road games...it's a way for the SEC to still have 18 conference games.
Florida is no longer a perm rival

Makes sense. Would have preferred to keep Florida over candy but oh well. Vandy an easier opponent over time though.

Even if this game was SUPPOSED to be just played at Rupp next year.. you will never convince me the Mens Bball/SEC/NCAA didn't make this happen anyways, knowing how huge this game will be. This game could honestly be a PPV fight.
They set a rotation a number of years ago. Like he wasn’t at Kentucky, he also isn’t bigger than the SEC.

Every game for me is a much watch event, it’ll have an interesting story line but won’t make or break the season win or lose. Still just counts as 1 win/loss in the books.
You are correct. It will be just another win/loss column, but if will be historical in the annals of time.

Even if this game was SUPPOSED to be just played at Rupp next year.. you will never convince me the Mens Bball/SEC/NCAA didn't make this happen anyways, knowing how huge this game will be. This game could honestly be a PPV fight.
We went down there last season, no need for any conspiracy theory.

No shenanigans required.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Seems to me beating Cal is our Super Bowl.
No, our Superbowl is the last weekend of the tournament.

Why would a regular season game at home versus some low second tier/high third program be our Superbowl?

Cal hating our way to an also ran status ain't it.

Saying we are Arkansas's SuperBowl would be appropriate though somewhat approaching redundant since that has been the case forever.

Reactions: flacat22
No, our Superbowl is the last weekend of the tournament.

Why would a regular season game at home versus some low second tier/high third program be our Superbowl?

Cal hating our way to an also ran status ain't it.

Saying we are Arkansas's SuperBowl would be appropriate though somewhat approaching redundant since that has been the case forever.
The only SuperBowl for us is the final game of the season for it all.
Having said that, WE are the SuperBowl in road games in the SEC. Just about every venue we play is some kind of shirt night or whatever. They will sell out for us and then be half full the next game. That's why we are the SEC.

My guess is this game will be the last game of the regular season and TV will be looking for a huge rating. Let the excitement build all season long about Cal returning to Rupp. Both teams are expected to be good, and it would be a ratings bump for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT