ADVERTISEMENT

Are you using ChatGPT?

I really think that ChatGPT is harvesting info from the internet. Yes that requires tremendous computing power but advancements in “conventional” computers have been tremendous this century.

When quantum computers become the norm, the sky is the limit for processing the bewildering amount of information that’s being generated by 8 billion humans and their AI assistants.

The human brain is thought by some to be a quantum computer. When AI can mimic our ability to process information, we can expect General AI and even Super AI to emerge quickly.

It's definitely harvesting from a nearly incomprehensibly large data set. Either someone secretly cracked quantum computing or one of those listed companies years ago partners or created this product.

Granted I am no guru so I am certainly curious there are other options. I just don't see them

It's definitely harvesting from a nearly incomprehensibly large data set. Either someone secretly cracked quantum computing or one of those listed companies years ago partners or created this product.

Granted I am no guru so I am certainly curious there are other options. I just don't see them
I continue to be amazed with ChatGPT. It answers questions, on any subject, with a smoothness and completeness that defies explanation considering that it is brainless.

While it can be “cornered” and made to fail in some of its answers, to think that this is a first edition and that competitors will be released very soon is both exhilirating and scary at the same time.

AI seems to have taken a big step towards the singularity. Not a giant step, mind you, but one that speaks to the certainty that AI will be our future whether we like it or not.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I continue to be amazed with ChatGPT. It answers questions, on any subject, with a smoothness and completeness that defies explanation considering that it is brainless.

While it can be “cornered” and made to fail in some of its answers, to think that this is a first edition and that competitors will be released very soon is both exhilirating and scary at the same time.

AI seems to have taken a big step towards the singularity. Not a giant step, mind you, but one that speaks to the certainty that AI will be our future whether we like it or not.

I agree it's an amazing product but I keep circling back to how it got here. I can't think of any possibilities other than those I mentioned.

If the technology was developed with permission or partnership with one of those companies that should absolutely be a required disclosure

I agree it's an amazing product but I keep circling back to how it got here. I can't think of any possibilities other than those I mentioned.

If the technology was developed with permission or partnership with one of those companies that should absolutely be a required disclosure
There are currently no regulations regarding the development of AI so anything could be happening. I am all for the development of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) because I think it’s our purpose as a species to launch the next step in the evolution of an intelligent race. It’ll be a machine species, but then it has to be because biological organisms cannot travel long distances in space.

Maybe OpenAI is farther along the path to AGI than they’re letting on but, again, there are no restrictions facing them. From my point of view as an avid fan of AI, ChatGPT sure seems to be more sophisticated than just a chatbot, which they’re claiming it to be.

Reactions: DreadLox

There are currently no regulations regarding the development of AI so anything could be happening. I am all for the development of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) because I think it’s our purpose as a species to launch the next step in the evolution of an intelligent race. It’ll be a machine species, but then it has to be because biological organisms cannot travel long distances in space.

Maybe OpenAI is farther along the path to AGI than they’re letting on but, again, there are no restrictions facing them. From my point of view as an avid fan of AI, ChatGPT sure seems to be more sophisticated than just a chatbot, which they’re claiming it to be.

Maybe no regulations per se but the eula should be updated and expanded for any data source these things are using to learn. Zero doubt in my mind that's gone on here.

Reactions: Catemus
I'm wondering what all the programmers are going to do after AI takes all the coding and data jobs. I remember when the joke was for miners to "learn to code". I guess we'll have to tell coders to "learn to cut grass and wait tables".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT