ADVERTISEMENT

Are we getting ahead of ourselves with Reed?

Will be curious to see if he hits the freshman wall at some point in Jan/Feb re SEC play ...

If Stacey is gonna coach we need to go shirts and skins so I can tell her apart from the players.

Why aren't you asking this question about DJ and Edwards? DJ has played the exact same teams as Shep, so why aren't DJ's and Edwards' numbers better if it is simply a matter of playing subpar competition?
Because DJ and Edwards aren't getting all the hype, nor should they at this point. I never said Reed's numbers aren't impressive and were "simply a matter of subpar competition." In fact, I made a point to talk about how impressive his stats actually are. I also was not comparing him to anyone else on the team. It was just a question of whether or not it's too early for so much hype.

He was pretty much the only one to show up tonight. He continues to perform at the highest level. Whether we’re too high on him or not I’ll tell you this: enjoy him while he’s here. Because while I think there’s a chance he comes back, if he wants that NBA money more than anything else he’s gone after this season.

Reactions: LmdCat
He was pretty much the only one to show up tonight. He continues to perform at the highest level. Whether we’re too high on him or not I’ll tell you this: enjoy him while he’s here. Because while I think there’s a chance he comes back, if he wants that NBA money more than anything else he’s gone after this season.
My only complaints with him today were that he gave the ball to Edwards too often and he didn't shoot enough.

Shep played fine. Think we missed DJ’s defense and the offense reverted back to Cals old tired offense. They didn’t share the ball like they have been. We didn’t make shots and they did. It’s still early we’ll be fine.

My only complaints with him today were that he gave the ball to Edwards too often and he didn't shoot enough.
I only got to read the box score since I work tonight and was asleep during the game. But what stood out to me the most was Edwards taking 14 shots and 5 threes to Reeves’s 9 shots and 2 threes. Maybe they UNCW was more concerned about Reeves but as a coach you have to be able to reel in your freshmen when they start playing like that. I really hope they learn from this game and continue to improve. I like this team but they’ll get bounced in the first weekend in March playing like this.

Reed played quite exceptional, and I agree, if he had got more shots they would’ve failed better. Dillingham and Edwards had no business shooting this game.

I only got to read the box score since I work tonight and was asleep during the game. But what stood out to me the most was Edwards taking 14 shots and 5 threes to Reeves’s 9 shots and 2 threes. Maybe they UNCW was more concerned about Reeves but as a coach you have to be able to reel in your freshmen when they start playing like that. I really hope they learn from this game and continue to improve. I like this team but they’ll get bounced in the first weekend in March playing like this.

Reed played quite exceptional, and I agree, if he had got more shots they would’ve failed better. Dillingham and Edwards had no business shooting this game.
Reeves was horrible.

Must’ve been his defense because other than his miss at the FT line (3-4) he shot it very efficiently. I do see that he fouled out. Someone with his level of experience should know how to defend without committing fouls.
Kentucky took a 6-point lead and he allowed UNC Wilmington to get two rebounds and they scored 5 points. Nobody was near the ball but him. There was other lack of effort.

• Sad
Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Kentucky took a 6-point lead and he allowed UNC Wilmington to get two rebounds and they scored 5 points. Nobody was near the ball but him. There was other lack of effort.
That’s disappointing to hear. I was also disappointed to hear Mitchell laughing at the FT line while losing.

These are supposed to be senior leaders. They should act like it.

Reed is a FANTASTIC freshman, but he was celebrating beating Owen County in the Legacy Nissan Classic this time last year. Like all our newbies, he needs time to mature. I hope fans keep their expectations in check while he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT