ADVERTISEMENT

Are we allowed to boo?

There isn’t a single UK player making less than $200k, and I actually think it’s closer to $250k. They are paid professionals. Having said that, I wouldn’t boo them. I do wish there would be some boos in the crowd when the hall of famer is announced pre game
No they don't make that much. Their may be 3/4 players that are making that

How about going completely silent instead? Hearing no noise stands out more than a handful of boos. Unfortunately, it would only be a slight difference from how Rupp normally sounds. If it's not a big game, the atmosphere is only a reactive one. Rupp will never match some other arenas with how it's setup and it's probably contributing to these constant hot starts by most every opponent.

I don't know about booing but you hold up a sign that says Please Go To Texas, you're going to get someone's attention

I'll boo the hell out of the man in charge of the team, the AD and any administration that supports the continued jackassery management of this program

personally I wouldn't boo a player, but I would go so far as to boo Cal for putting in Wheeler when Wallace was killing it. If people think I am booing Wheeler, well, that's on them.

But the people pointing out that these kids are taking money, and money played a part in their decision to come here, and as a result they are held to a higher standard of performance and a lower bar for criticism, are correct.
Its only going to get worse from here on especially with the transfer portal and direct payments. There is nothing amateur about these kids anymore. They are being paid for perform regardless of how you try to spin it.

What Cal doesn't seen to understand with his favorite player comment (actually he does, he is just a huge horses ass) is that Sheppard came to Kentucky for alot of reasons, future earnings being very, very low on the list.

Last edited:
Booing won't solve the issue if the arena is still full and donors are still donating.

dont boo players at the game........ boo cal absolutely.

But outside the arena, yeah criticize and call out the players (not to their faces or directly @ them on twitter or social media) but they are paid now and are adults... absolutely acceptable to criticize them just dont be cruel. constructive criticism for players is the best way to go about it.

dont boo players at the game........ boo cal absolutely.

But outside the arena, yeah criticize and call out the players (not to their faces or directly @ them on twitter or social media) but they are paid now and are adults... absolutely acceptable to criticize them just dont be cruel. constructive criticism for players is the best way to go about it.
If the players are busting tail, you don't boo them. If they're disengaged, mailing it in, avoiding contact, then yeah they're open for criticism. They're paid players.

The day Kentucky Fans boo our team is a day when the full impact of what Cal has done to this program should be obvious to everyone
I can tell how it's been affected just by how I view the whole thing. I have always bled blue. I went to school at UK as did most of my family. I used to schedule vacation days during NCAA tournament time. And I'm sure this is going to sound creepy to some, but I purchased a UK blue and silver casket and had it stored at the funeral home. (It is tastefully done with the beautiful logo). I never watched a game with people who didn't know how I was during a game (I could get obnoxious.) These are just a few examples. However, my "extreme fandom" has been tempered these past few years. I still bleed blue, but I sometimes don't watch whole games if it is too bad. I sold the casket to the next extreme fan. My health has to come first and I'm getting to the "I don't care" stage. I still watch but Cal's shenanigans have taken it's toll. I will not boo the team, but I would love to boo Cal.

Go Big Blue!!💙

I can tell how it's been affected just by how I view the whole thing. I have always bled blue. I went to school at UK as did most of my family. I used to schedule vacation days during NCAA tournament time. And I'm sure this is going to sound creepy to some, but I purchased a UK blue and silver casket and had it stored at the funeral home. (It is tastefully done with the beautiful logo). I never watched a game with people who didn't know how I was during a game (I could get obnoxious.) These are just a few examples. However, my "extreme fandom" has been tempered these past few years. I still bleed blue, but I sometimes don't watch whole games if it is too bad. I sold the casket to the next extreme fan. My health has to come first and I'm getting to the "I don't care" stage. I still watch but Cal's shenanigans have taken it's toll. I will not boo the team, but I would love to boo Cal.

Go Big Blue!!💙
Susan you are my kind of people!!

Go Big Blue!!💙
the one and done forever changed Kentucky fans connection to the program. That can't be overstated.

Unfortunately we as fans are complicit in it, John Wall and DeMarcus Counsins will always be fan favorites but they also represented the beginning of mercenary basketball for Kentucky. We may never see another Patrick Patterson or DeAndre Liggins at Kentucky.

For Fans who became of age under Calipari , this is just what college basketball is, they just think its some "OK Boomer" mentality

Reactions: susan2361
Since the player's are paid, can we boo poor performances or call out bad play on here? Thoughts?
Freedom of speech allows you to boo.

Manners would say probably not.

You make your choice, but don’t be offended if people judge you for it.

Curious, do you boo or get booed at work where you get paid?

Goes both ways.

Freedom of speech allows you to boo.

Manners would say probably not.

You make your choice, but don’t be offended if people judge you for it.

Curious, do you boo or get booed at work where you get paid?

Goes both ways.
The difference is that if you underperform at work, you lose your job. These players have a year (maybe more) where they can keep underperforming before they are either recruited over or forced to leave. You'd more than likely not get a year of poor performance at a new job. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That doesn't mean you should boo them. I still say the whole arena not making a sound would be more effective than booing.

Now Cal would have been fired from a real job after his performance slipped. He might have gotten a little leeway because of how he's performed in his earlier years, but that wouldn't have lasted for 3 or 4 years. Having a ridiculous contract that doesn't punish you for poor performance is what has gotten us here. Just keep underperforming and cashing checks. He gets more money in a couple of days than hard working regular people get in a year. That's insane.

I only boo referees or unsportsmanlike conduct during games. Anything else just looks classless to me. To each their own.

Grown men booing teenagers over a game said grown men are not playing in or coaching is pretty lame, but if some of y'all can’t control your emotions, go for it.

I find it classless to boo the home team, but if college sports make you this mad, nothing will stop you.

The odds of Calipari "coaching" another UK team to a Title is very small because it's not his goal. He will tell you it is but it's not. At UK he has every advantage, but he's embarrassed by his wealth of resources here at UK and feels he needs to virtue signal to his coaching fraternity that he's unwilling to bludgeon them with a stack of UK titles. Considering the wealth of talent he's ushered through Lexington, his tenure here must be considered a total failure, if and only if, his true goal was to genuinely try to win a title every year. I don't believe that is his goal ... at all. He's either a liar or the absolute worst coach in a generation ... a fraud.
He’s always been a fraud

Reactions: Bluesbrother
The difference is that if you underperform at work, you lose your job. These players have a year (maybe more) where they can keep underperforming before they are either recruited over or forced to leave. You'd more than likely not get a year of poor performance at a new job. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That doesn't mean you should boo them. I still say the whole arena not making a sound would be more effective than booing.

Now Cal would have been fired from a real job after his performance slipped. He might have gotten a little leeway because of how he's performed in his earlier years, but that wouldn't have lasted for 3 or 4 years. Having a ridiculous contract that doesn't punish you for poor performance is what has gotten us here. Just keep underperforming and cashing checks. He gets more money in a couple of days than hard working regular people get in a year. That's insane.
Ok…so boo if it makes you feel better.

I don't want the players to think we are booing them, when we want to boo the coach. So the answer is simple. Bring pies and aim for Cal. **

** (Calm down, Bass pro, it was a joke).

Sing Music Video GIF by Travis

Seems to be a prevailing thought with the 25 and under generation that booing is harmful to mental health and intrudes on players' 'safe space.'

Of course, people 25 and under - without exception - are morons (not their fault, I didn't have a clue WTF I was talking about when I was young either).

So yeah, boo away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT