ADVERTISEMENT

Are there songs that bring back memories of particular UK teams for you?

I watched this while doing my morning constitutions. I believe the quality of my production exceeded this...thing. (Doesn't he have a few of these out? Seems like I've seen this or one similar to it before, but I'm honestly afraid to go search.)

Gormley is great. Fifty fans can't be wrong.

I suspect @Wall2Boogie is Phil Thomas Katt so don't disrespect his talent pool. He may be Tommy Robinetti.

You owe yourself all the Mark Gormley you can get. We are needing 51.

I think the power stance overwhelms a lot of people.

"Teach me how to dougie" reminds me of Wall which reminds me of 2010.

"We Dem Boyz" reminds me of 2015. It was a big hit all through the perfect season and then they used it for our final 4 intro video. Not to mention we were in fact "DEM BOYZ"

I know this song can cover any team, but this version makes me think of that 87-88 squad. I always say that this audio version should be played at every UK Senior Night.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Why the hell not?
1. 1992 was the shittiest year for music, fashion, media.
2. Boyz2Men songs were a little gay.
3. We were saying "goodbye" to crappy honkeys including that Farmer idiot.
4. Laettner--on whom the gayness of 1992 for like a glove (and still does).

Pick a song like "Godzilla" by BOC, and the 1998 team or something. I know you can do this. I have faith in your posting abilities.

Music is frequently tied to memory, so when I hear certain songs, I am often reminded of days gone by. I am whisked away in my mind to another time and place.

In my case, most of those memories are from the 70's through 90's, so unfortunately there isn't much newer music that my mind associates with any of Cal's teams. But my mind races to the following UK teams when I hear certain songs. The song doesn't even have to relate topically to winning or sports. My brain just connects them for some reason.

For example:
  • 1978 team: "Year of the Cat" (Al Stewart)
  • 1978 team: "Life's Been Good" (Joe Walsh)
  • 1978 team: "We Are The Champions" (Queen)
  • 1984 team: "Drive" (The Cars)
  • 1984 team: "Jump" (Van Halen)
  • 1984 team: "Sunglasses at Night" (Corey Hart)
  • 1992 team: "I'm Too Sexy" (Right Said Fred)
  • 1992 team: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana)
  • 1993 team: "Livin' On The Edge" (Aerosmith)
  • 1993 team: "Creep" (Radiohead)
  • 1996 team: "Change the World" (Eric Clapton)
  • 1996 team: "I Believe I Can Fly" (R Kelly)
  • 1997 team: "King Nothing" (Metallica)
  • 1997 team: "Father" (LL Cool J)
  • 1998 team: "Iris" (Goo Goo Dolls)
  • 1998 team: "Turn the Page" (Metallica)
  • 1998 team: "My Hero" (Foo Fighters)
  • 2003 team: "In Da Club" (50 Cent)
  • 2003 team: "Beer For My Horses" (Toby Keith w/Willie Nelson)
  • 2003 team: "Like a Stone" (Audioslave)
PS: For some reason I cannot shake two songs that remind me of uavel teams. Wish I could forget these songs and those teams. :weary:
  • 1980: "This is It" (Kenny Loggins)
  • 1986: "Break My Stride" (Matthew Wilder)

The first on your list was the one I thought of first. That was a big hit in '78. Other than that, none though. I guess leaving in '79 caused me to not have anymore musical connections to UK teams. All the music from the 80's I associate with New Mexico. It's not a pleasant association.

Reactions: bigbluelou
1. 1992 was the shittiest year for music, fashion, media.
2. Boyz2Men songs were a little gay.
3. We were saying "goodbye" to crappy honkeys including that Farmer idiot.
4. Laettner--on whom the gayness of 1992 for like a glove (and still does).

Pick a song like "Godzilla" by BOC, and the 1998 team or something. I know you can do this. I have faith in your posting abilities.
Dude you're a f'ing idiot. All kinds of BS wrong here. Start with using 'gay' as a derogatory term. Move into the 21st century with the rest of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT