ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently it’s a new thing to trip the defender…

One of our players got called for doing that in a previous game (Dillingham I think). Yet they completely blow the call when Auburn did it to us. Seems like we have been getting screwed by all of these newer rules this year.

What a drama queen. He was totally trying to get the refs to bail him out of his mess at the end. 🤣
Yeah, he was in rare form yesterday. Cal got a warning for comments to the refs but Bruce was screaming his head off multiple times for extended periods of time, but not a peep out of the officials.

And regarding the OP, Sheppard called out the Auburn player right after it happened and Cal asked for a review, but they gave the guy the garbage call and 3 free throws anyway. It was ridiculous.

Now this, this is a flagrant foul

Yes, that would deserve a call to the conference office, no doubt. That foul Bruce was referencing by Ugo was not even close to flagrant. I was shocked the officials didn't find a way to call it so, but it was totally inadvertent, just a basketball play. Now, this kid for UCLA looked at the guy and wound up to hit him under the chin- that's intentional and flagrant.

Bruce is just a cry baby. I wonder if he had even seen the video when he was making his comments. I think he was just running his mouth, which is not surprising.

The easily amused types were very impressed. Incredible shooting ability on display!!!

Yeah, he was in rare form yesterday. Cal got a warning for comments to the refs but Bruce was screaming his head off multiple times for extended periods of time, but not a peep out of the officials.

And regarding the OP, Sheppard called out the Auburn player right after it happened and Cal asked for a review, but they gave the guy the garbage call and 3 free throws anyway. It was ridiculous.
Cal got a warning for being out of the coaching box while Bruce Pearl was out about like 7 or 8 feet on the floor when the players were on that end I believe. The ref just grabbed him and pulled him back off the floor without a warning.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Cal got a warning for being out of the coaching box while Bruce Pearl was out about like 7 or 8 feet on the floor when the players were on that end I believe. The ref just grabbed him and pulled him back off the floor without a warning.
Yeah, he's got a blank check there in that arena. You can see that he knows he owns the place and there's nothing the officials can do about it. He was in meltdown mode at one point, WAY out of the coach's box.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Now this, this is a flagrant foul

The Leprechaun is teaching his players to play dirty again
Leprechaun St Paddys GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
That should be a suspension for a couple of games for that. NO place for that in sports.
I'd go further: criminal charges. There was no leadup to that. No, internal jostling for a rebound or something. There's a French saying that means "To encourage the others." Have a big announcement at the beginning of the season, unprovoked fouls around the head, groin, or knees will be referred to the local authorities for possible criminal charges. That would encourage saner play.

I remember John Jenkins at Vandy made a living flopping with his legs to draw 3 free throws.

Chicken sh!t basketball at its finest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT