ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Know Anything About Military Trademarks?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
Me being a veteran, I was thinking about trying to create veteran related military items on my 3d printer to possibly sell at craft shows. I wasn't going to use stuff like USAF/Uniter States Air Force or the other branches official logos. I'm wondering if I can just do something generic like Air Force/Marine Corp/Army/Navy Veteran with their colors?

I looked up every Air Force trademark and the actual words Air Force alone didn't show up. I imagine it would be a major headache to contact every branch and try and find out for sure. I've seen plenty of sports related products that weren't officially licensed being sold at these small shows. So I wouldn't think it would be a big deal if it's kept small and it doesn't disparage the military branches.

Interesting. I'll ask a few contacts.

Wishing you great success. Good luck.

Edit: According to Co-Pilot:

Yes, the U.S. Air Force has registered trademarks. The U.S. Air Force Symbol, the Army Air Corps symbol (Hap Arnold Wings), and the Air Force Emblem are all registered trademarks. Permission is required to use these symbols for commercial purposes, marketing materials, advertising, or by any non-federal organization or activity.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT