ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here with Type 2 diabetes?

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
My doctor is wanting me to go on Mounjaro. For years various doctors have been trying to get me to take Metformin, but I'm one of those people who has had difficulty dealing with that medication. I won't go into the details, but it definitely me homebound. So then my doctor had me go on Glipizide/Metformin, but she told me that it tends to stop working after five years or so. I'm now at the point where I've decided to rough it out and go on just the Metformin. Why? Because I've read about potential side effects from Mounjaro, such as pancreatitis or paralysis of the digestive system. Yikes. I'm wondering if any of you all are dealing with this and how you're treating it, and if you've gone on injections similar to the one my doctor wants me to take.

I have type two diabetes but I manage well. It’s a little pill with a great story to tell. I take once daily Jardiance, at each days start. As time went on it was easy to see, I’m lowering my A1C.

IMG_FB875EED6E92-1.jpg

My doctor is wanting me to go on Mounjaro. For years various doctors have been trying to get me to take Metformin, but I'm one of those people who has had difficulty dealing with that medication. I won't go into the details, but it definitely me homebound. So then my doctor had me go on Glipizide/Metformin, but she told me that it tends to stop working after five years or so. I'm now at the point where I've decided to rough it out and go on just the Metformin. Why? Because I've read about potential side effects from Mounjaro, such as pancreatitis or paralysis of the digestive system. Yikes. I'm wondering if any of you all are dealing with this and how you're treating it, and if you've gone on injections similar to the one my doctor wants me to take.
There are 35 million cases of Type II diabetes in the US. An additional 98 million Americans are prediabetic. Diabetes is a full-blown epidemic in America, and is having a staggering effect upon people’s health insurance premiums.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) declared diabetes an epidemic in 1994 – almost 30 years ago when there were less than 7 million cases of Type II – and yet today it has increased five-fold to 35 million, with almost 100 million more on the threshold of diabetes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT