ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody notice Coach Muss give Cal the blow by in the hand shake line ?

This was nearly their one shining moment for a dismal season and they were denied.
They did beat Duke earlier in the season and for that I'm grateful.

On a side note, did anyone else hear Matt Jones on the pregame show say he thought Muss was gonna be the next UL coach? I thought that was interesting. I know historically UL is probably a better program than Arkansas but I'm not sure that matters anymore. Arkansas is in a better, more stable conference and have loads more money (Tyson and Walmart for starters) than UL for NIL. I figured UL would go after Cronin.

Arkansas is in a better, more stable conference and have loads more money (Tyson and Walmart for starters) than UL for NIL.

Arkansas is 15th in conference in NIL money. Walmart, Tyson. and JB Hunt have all stayed out of the NIL game. On top of that, Northwest Arkansas is only 2% black. Arkansas has strong headwinds in the current climate, it’s not an easy place to recruit to.

Reactions: seccats04
Well in the post game John Calipari called him a great coach. John very much respects muscle Man believe that.

Muscle man can be buthurt all he wants. He wasn't going to pull his shirt off and celebrate with the crowd believe that. Not on Kentucky he won't. Not here not there not anywhere.

Arkansas is 15th in conference in NIL money. Walmart, Tyson. and JB Hunt have all stayed out of the NIL game. On top of that, Northwest Arkansas is only 2% black. Arkansas has strong headwinds in the current climate, it’s not an easy place to recruit to.
Who cares that Northwest Arkansas is only 2% Black? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you suggesting that Blacks can only market products used by Blacks? If that is the case, history says otherwise.

Reactions: Fox2monk
All it take is them asking wal-mart and JB Hunt to start donating. They have plenty of tax write offs. Could use the players to promote their businesses. Seems like a good problem to have. I’m sure some of those politicians are huge FB/BB fans so it will happens eventually I’d say.

Thanks for producing one of the all-time dumbest posts.

Ok, Boomer.

All it take is them asking wal-mart and JB Hunt to start donating. They have plenty of tax write offs. Could use the players to promote their businesses. Seems like a good problem to have. I’m sure some of those politicians are huge FB/BB fans so it will happens eventually I’d say.

It hasn’t been that easy, and most of the blame falls on the current AD, Yuracek, who was brought in under the old model (knows people) and not the new model (isn’t a money man). It hasn’t helped that the Waltons are almost entirely out of staters now, and Jerry Jones has his hands full with civil law suits.

Muss is probably gone from Arkansas. Bizarre situation. Dude just had them in the elite 8. Gunning for a final four. Now he’s 15-15.

I'm wondering if that statistic just doesn't matter much in today's basketball, with more and more European players (white and non white) proving their worth, and the sport becoming more about shooting and fundamentals, as opposed to just sheer speed and verticals. Not to mention, AAU has been a huge problem for the top basketball recruits IMO.

African Americans dominated this sport for the last few decades, an absolute stranglehold on basketball, if we're being honest. But I think that's starting to even out a bit.

All that is to say, I'm not sure Arkansas needs in state recruiting, or localized black athletes, to succeed.

Reactions: LmdCat and CELTICAT
Muss is a good coach but he is a bit annoying. I get the feeling he can only be at a place for about 5 years before they get tired of him.

There are a lot of fans who would do the same, so I understand. There are very few people besides his family and some fans who like the guy. He is insufferable to listen to. He spends most of his time talking down to the media, so they don't like him, and the refs hate him too.
Are you talking about Musselman or Calipari? Asking for a friend.

• Love
Reactions: seccats04
I'm wondering if that statistic just doesn't matter much in today's basketball, with more and more European players (white and non white) proving their worth, and the sport becoming more about shooting and fundamentals, as opposed to just sheer speed and verticals. Not to mention, AAU has been a huge problem for the top basketball recruits IMO.

African Americans dominated this sport for the last few decades, an absolute stranglehold on basketball, if we're being honest. But I think that's starting to even out a bit.

All that is to say, I'm not sure Arkansas needs in state recruiting, or localized black athletes, to succeed.

Nolan’s success at Arkansas depended on talent from Tulsa, Memphis, and Dallas, combined with high level in state talent. Think Corliss with Thurman and Beck, or McFadden with Felix Jones on the football side. With that said, it’s been 30 years since they were relevant.

Muss has had roster turnover similar to Cal but he’s had high level recruiting combined with transfer portal success. His recruiting has dropped off and the transfers he’s brought in haven’t, err, meshed well together.

Agree with you that Europe and Canada is where it’s at. As far as NWA not being a draw, I’m a Fayetteville law grad, and it’s a well established fact that it’s a tough sell.

Reactions: RunninRichie
So, my question is: Was this Muss's audition to be the next UK coach? So many of our fans have wanted him here for a while.

Well in the post game John Calipari called him a great coach. John very much respects muscle Man believe that.

Muscle man can be buthurt all he wants. He wasn't going to pull his shirt off and celebrate with the crowd believe that. Not on Kentucky he won't. Not here not there not anywhere.
Loved that Dr. Seuss vibe you ended the thread with! :)

Shooting definitely but fundamentals? I haven’t seen fundamentals in the game of basketball in over 20 years. Even shooting which seems to be prioritized doesn’t happen until later as most 5 stars in high school have shooting labeled as their weakness. If today’s game was played back in the mid 80’s no one would ever score as walking or palming would be called on every possession.

Reactions: law1127
If I were in management at any of those companies, I would stay out of NIL too. If I were in management of any company I would stay out of NIL for any school. I would never give a dime to NIL whether it were my money or my company’s money.

If I were in management at any of those companies, I would stay out of NIL too. If I were in management of any company I would stay out of NIL for any school. I would never give a dime to NIL whether it were my money or my company’s money.

The obvious question is: Why? And, of course, why do companies give to NIL??

There are a lot of fans who would do the same, so I understand. There are very few people besides his family and some fans who like the guy. He is insufferable to listen to. He spends most of his time talking down to the media, so they don't like him, and the refs hate him too.

Musselman ain't THAT bad........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT