ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else have that bad feeling?

Cal's NBA G League approach has destroyed any type of feeling I have. Will find something to do this afternoon and record the game. After seeing final score of Auburn's beat down of UK will delete game and like Cal just "Rinse and Repeat" the next game

Reactions: IbnSaran
I’ll watch because even watching UK lose is better than anything else on TV at 6:00 pm. I expect that we will lose in a raucous atmosphere at AU, but will look for any signs of defensive improvement.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Too much $$$ will be in on AU for UK to lose. One of these days, maybe folks will develop pattern recognition and figure out how some of these key games get decided, and who does the deciding.
Flip side is that the spread is large enough that an enterprising ref might feel compelled to try to keep it close.

Going into game no expectations . Hoping for best if we start getting routed I get an early start watching UFC 298 prelims .

This is the Tubby years 2.0 for me I watch an hope but excitement level of 2009 thru 2019 is gone.

I'm going to be drinking sapporo's and watching onion volcanoes and choo choo trains. I expect that to elicit more happy feelings than our game tonight.

So in other words you’re hoping for a loss? Weird. Even though I’m ready for a change, I’m never going to hope UK loses to facilitate hurrying up a new coach.
I didn’t say I was hoping for a loss nor do I ever hope for a loss. All I said was that it’s one day closer to hopefully having a coach whose top priority is winning championships for the university of Kentucky.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
No it may be the opposite thing but I've felt all week we will play them close. Part of it is the fact all the sentiment is they are on a roll and will be hyped for us as usual etc etc, but I think that plays into our hands some as we being real underdogs takes the pressure off and we play better that way.

The other is we seem to have made a small breakthrough last week on defense with several guys figuring out we can go out and body up and guard on the perimeter. Before that we hustled but laid back a foot or two giving too much space to get burned with.

I think Reed and others figured out they can play more physical and will try to do that some tonight. Just need all 5 doing it though as if only 3 or 4 do it doesnt work. Everyboyd has to guard and help. We were even coming off our men and doubling down last time making it hard for Ole Miss to get anything clean. Hopefully the stripes dont call it too picky or we may get in foul trouble. But gotta play that way to have a chance

Reactions: rivercatinfl
No it may be the opposite thing but I've felt all week we will play them close. Part of it is the fact all the sentiment is they are on a roll and will be hyped for us as usual etc etc, but I think that plays into our hands some as we being real underdogs takes the pressure off and we play better that way.

The other is we seem to have made a small breakthrough last week on defense with several guys figuring out we can go out and body up and guard on the perimeter. Before that we hustled but laid back a foot or two giving too much space to get burned with.

I think Reed and others figured out they can play more physical and will try to do that some tonight. Just need all 5 doing it though as if only 3 or 4 do it doesnt work. Everyboyd has to guard and help. We were even coming off our men and doubling down last time making it hard for Ole Miss to get anything clean. Hopefully the stripes dont call it too picky or we may get in foul trouble. But gotta play that way to have a chance
💯. If Auburn gets to bully us and we don't play physical defense and offense this will be a long night.
Of course the refs may hit us with allowing AU to be physical and not us. In that case it's pretty difficult to see us win.

I'm hopeful we can rise to the occasion. If we don't, the rest of the season is gonna be tough to see our way clear past an 8 or 9 seed.

The point spread shows just how far UK has fallen. If they get blown out there will be no way Cal can put a positive spin on it this late in the season. Tonight will be a good measuring stick where UK stands. Less than a 10 pt loss and there may be hope.
Triple C will say we had a veteran team leader out and he likes his team and they are built for March. That’s childish and disgusting but that’s who he is. If it gets out of hand he’ll probably get thrown out and skip the postgame stuff altogether. He’s a clown …. a rich clown …. but a clown just the same.

Elzys cats got blitzed by auburn the other night down there oh wait who hasn't blitzed elzys cats
Another brilliant Mitch hire. He single handily has the worst hires ever at UK in men’s basketball (BCG), women’s basketball (Elzy) and football (Joker). Quite the accomplishment.

Im more worried about matchups. Who's going to play defense? Who's our coach again? I have questions. Cal has redefined himself over the years and if I had to sum it all up........it's like I dunno who this guy is nowadays.

If south carolina just gave up early, we might have a fighting chance at Auburn...otherwise, what are we going to do differently to remain competitive against our opponents?

Beating Auburn could go a bit in making the fans feel like there is hope in March

Getting blown out will just further validate the concerns the fans have that this program is directionless.

there are no moral victories for games in February.

Happy we won vs a team that was 13-0 at home avg 22 points per win but doesn't change my pre game feeling that I thought we wouldn't win. I did give us 2% chance and it hit.

Reactions: KFuqua
Too much $$$ will be in on AU for UK to lose. One of these days, maybe folks will develop pattern recognition and figure out how some of these key games get decided, and who does the deciding.
Nailed it…

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT