ADVERTISEMENT

Any UFC fans?

Who do you have winning?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Ciryl Gane

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
The Carlos Condit fight with Nick Diaz when Condit ran like a sprinter the whole fight... I gave up on the UFC.

They need to shrink the cage dramatically and force the action. Too much running. Once the money was there then everyone started getting conservative not taking the big fights and picking their opponents. Also every fight has to have an immediate rematch. They sacrificed growing the sport for fast easy money and it showed. Got tired of it. Hardly watch at all anymore and I was an original viewer back when you fought a half dozen times a night pre UFC-1. I wore those VHS tapes at the movie rentals out. Those early days were glorious.

I feel like he's too far out of shape to be anything like he was. I think he loses badly and ruins his image even more.

Jones had huge size and length advantage at LHW that he won't necessarily have at HW. When he did run into a moderately skilled guy with similar size and length at LHW like Gustufson he lost but they cheated. I was thinking at the time that even a HW like Werdum with length and skill would have schooled JJ at HW or somebody like dos Santos would have KO'd him back then because JJ has always talked about moving up to HW. Now, not sure as I don't watch much anymore. JJ has always been hitable, he just has a good chin for LHW but he's not walking through those wide open shots to the chin at HW like he did again Machida. You let a HW hit you and you're going to sleep. People think about JJ in terms of how good of a striker he was but he is probably one of the top wrestlers in the history of MMA. He took Olympian Daniel Cormier down and nobody thought he could do that.

FWIW, I was a huge Fedor fan while he was at Pride. Those were the greatest days of MMA. Fedor rising up on that elevator as they played old time Russian music of some kind. The Japanese called Fedor "he who does not fall" and even Mike Tyson in his heyday wasn't that exciting to me. Nothing compared to a Fedor fight.

Last edited:
As a huge UFC fan, I'm ready for Jon Jones to return. He is a force to be reckoned with in the octagon and always brings excitement to fights.

tumblr_n5ft8olvr11tb16njo1_500.gif

Sport is growing stale though , they need a true superstar to replace the big mouthed over rated Irishman .

Reactions: LOL_Man
Sport is growing stale though , they need a true superstar to replace the big mouthed over rated Irishman .
They really fell flat on match making. With the awful era of rematch after rematch after rematch where everything was a trilogy it sacrificed the long term health of the sport.

Plus once the fighters got some money they started ducking fights. The biggest failure in UFC history was not making a Fedor/Lesnar fight happen in Texas stadium. Would have been huge but both lost and faded after Dana couldn't make it happen.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Me too. I remember the 90s watching the rental shelves for any new UFC or Pride video to hit the shelves on VHS tape. Back when they'd fight a half dozen times a night. Nothing was better than those early days.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Grest fight in Bellator last might between Cat Zingano and Leah Mccourt .. I thought I might be a spilt decision and IMO I thought McCourt won the fight , hell one judge had it 30-27 Zingano . Oh well great technical fight .

Jones is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He is the GOAT. None of these HW are going to beat him. He is too skilled and too fast for these HWs. Did I mention Jones also has an Iron Jaw. The HW division also just isn't that good. Light Heavyweight is loaded with a lot more talent. I think Jones fights 4 or 5 more times then he will retire because he is going to clean out the HW division.

Jones is one of the best wrestlers in the history of MMA and he also has the best GNP in the history of the MMA, but he can be had by the right guy as he is vulnerable to stand-up as Gustafson demonstrated and also Machida squarely landed one on the jaw of Jones.

Somebody who Jones can't control on the ground like Werdum used to be and also long and tall as Jones is. One of these heavyweights is going to put Jones to sleep soon because he got hit at LHW and his standup has holes in it these HW can make you pay for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT