ADVERTISEMENT

Any other fan base obsess over recruiting like...

ulismyman

Senior
Jan 11, 2015
We do??? We never try to enjoy the upcoming season without worrying about next years class....very mindboggling...lets try to enjoy 2018-19...thoughts?

Reactions: Ocornett
WE ARE THE NEEDLE
i know you love to troll with ignorant posts
just because fans take an interest in recruiting does not mean that they do not enjoy the seasons and games

i give you a 1/10 on this attempt

None, and that's what makes this place great. Other sites (even the popular ones) are dead right now. This place is still buzzing even though it's June. I love it.

I am enjoying the season right now.
"Just give me one good reason, and I promise I wont ask you anymore.
Just give me one more season, so I can figure out the other four."

Obsessive is kind of a strong word. I keep a spreadsheet (at work) with tabs for every year. I have all of 2018's recruits w' talked to: name, position, hometown, and then a comment column where I put things like "friend of so-and-so" or "might reclassify" or "Duke lean." When they get an offer from Cal, I turn their row yellow. When they commit, row goes green. Also, as I close-out each year, I have separate sections for: NBA, Stay, Transfer. This is really important, because I need to know how many scholarships we have available. 2019 has about 20 kids on it already... and I have three gentlemen for 2020 so far. Information is power my friends, and I need to be ready to handle any UK basketball recruiting situation.

WE ARE THE NEEDLE
i know you love to troll with ignorant posts
just because fans take an interest in recruiting does not mean that they do not enjoy the seasons and games

i give you a 1/10 on this attempt

Only and i repeat only on this board...would this topic elicit a troll accusation

Only and i repeat only on this board...would this topic elicit a troll accusation

it would on any board, especially when you consider the source

if you are not trolling then you are the most ignorant poster i have ever seen post on any board

We do??? We never try to enjoy the upcoming season without worrying about next years class....very mindboggling...lets try to enjoy 2018-19...thoughts?
News flash.. we are obsess about all things in regards to Uk basketball. FAN comes from fanatic.

Obsessive is kind of a strong word. I keep a spreadsheet (at work) with tabs for every year. I have all of 2018's recruits w' talked to: name, position, hometown, and then a comment column where I put things like "friend of so-and-so" or "might reclassify" or "Duke lean." When they get an offer from Cal, I turn their row yellow. When they commit, row goes green. Also, as I close-out each year, I have separate sections for: NBA, Stay, Transfer. This is really important, because I need to know how many scholarships we have available. 2019 has about 20 kids on it already... and I have three gentlemen for 2020 so far. Information is power my friends, and I need to be ready to handle any UK basketball recruiting situation.

I've always felt like I was a die hard UK fan but after reading this... I feel I have been passed, time to get to work on my spreadsheet and add in stats, substitution patterns and who the most effective players and line ups are. Oh and the recruiting thing, so what only like a twenty hour project?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I mean... what other sports are we going to obsess over? Horse racing?

If Kentucky had some pro sports to obsess over, then some fans would divide their obsession amongst other pastimes. Some do co-opt the Bengals and Reds out of Cincy because local TV covers them. But most Kentucky residents only have one truly successful sports team to cheer for each year. So all of their passion and fanaticism is focused on UK basketball (and recruiting.)

Funny thing is we took recruiting just as serious before Cal honestly. I remember people on here talking about Vinny Zollo and his potential lol. Or how Dakatah Euton was the answer or how good Jared Carter would be lmao! [roll]:flush:

After years of study abroad, I have finally become honed in enough to worry about two things at once.

I'm sure others have already stated this very obvious point, but I'll post it anyway. Here at UK, we lose most of our team every year, so recruiting is more important here than anywhere else and it's not even close.

It's a loooong off season and the only thing going on is recruiting. Since recruiting is the biggest key to every season we pine over it like the next season depends on it… .because it does.

Dayum

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think we get more giddy over landing a top recurit than we do playing a blueblood in the regular season or the first round of the ncaa tournament. Schools like puke get excited over recruiting, but we go over the top and I love it!

I mean... what other sports are we going to obsess over? Horse racing?

If Kentucky had some pro sports to obsess over, then some fans would divide their obsession amongst other pastimes. Some do co-opt the Bengals and Reds out of Cincy because local TV covers them. But most Kentucky residents only have one truly successful sports team to cheer for each year. So all of their passion and fanaticism is focused on UK basketball (and recruiting.)
We have a faithful football fan base, too at UK—but I guess that’s just being silly.

I obsess all the time when it comes to our team. I love following the recruiting, Cal, RR, Beer, Women, Food, UMM, Football, Women, Females, Money, Women, Hating U6, IU, Duke, KS, Females, News, Going number 2, and just waking up each day above ground.

At least you don’t obsess about recruiting. lol

I just want August to get here. That’s when I start looking forward to tailgates and football. After the start of football season, time flies and the next thing you know Basketball starts up.

June and July are by far my least favorite months, but I try and make the most out of it by playing lots of golf, and betting on the ponies.

Reactions: crpoore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT