ADVERTISEMENT

Any info on fan buses, alumni groups etc going to away games this season ?

We have 4 couples flying to Austin for the Texas game. The AirBnB and flights have been scheduled. The tickets might be a problem. I paid for them in advance through UK ticket office but aren't guaranteed, based on demand and priority points. And $150 each ??? Nothing about this trip is cheap. I hope to get my money's worth on the football field.

Might fly into San Antone to save on flights. Like only 50-60 miles away.

I remember when Oscar Comb’s brother organized away game trips. I believe his name was Dell?
I took his bus trip to watch UK beat ut in Knoxville. Had my fil with me. We were lucky to get back to the bus right before they pulled out.

Last edited:
Wasn’t his name Mel? The old wildcatfaithful.com days. He organized a trip to Detroit for the UK /Michigan St game at Ford Field back 2003, maybe?

It was great! $100 got you a seat on the bus, night in whatever hotel we stayed in downtown, and ticket to the game.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Wasn’t his name Mel? The old wildcatfaithful.com days. He organized a trip to Detroit for the UK /Michigan St game at Ford Field back 2003, maybe?

It was great! $100 got you a seat on the bus, night in whatever hotel we stayed in downtown, and ticket to the game.

Mel Mcaine did so, but not for football.

We’ll be driving from Tallahassee to Austin for the Texas game. Looking forward to it!

We have 4 couples flying to Austin for the Texas game. The AirBnB and flights have been scheduled. The tickets might be a problem. I paid for them in advance through UK ticket office but aren't guaranteed, based on demand and priority points. And $150 each ??? Nothing about this trip is cheap. I hope to get my money's worth on the football field.
Texas just lost their 5 star running back for the season. Baxter will be out after surgery for 6 to 9 months. Was said to be a big key in their offense.

Texas just lost their 5 star running back for the season. Baxter will be out after surgery for 6 to 9 months. Was said to be a big key in their offense.
We play them late November, next to last game. I'm just praying that our guys physically survive our brutal SEC schedule. Here's where we see if we really have quality depth.

From the alumni association:

University of Kentucky Alumni Association
mail

2024 UK Football Road Trips​

Get ready to paint the South blue and white as we hit the road for not one, but TWO unforgettable Kentucky Football away games in 2024! We're talking SEC showdowns, historic matchups and memories that will last a lifetime. Don't miss your chance to be part of these epic adventures!

Kentucky vs. Ole Miss

Sept.
27 – 29, 2024
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium | Oxford, MS

Gear up for a classic SEC battle in the heart of Rebel territory! We're storming The Grove and bringing the Big Blue Nation to Oxford. Here's what you'll get:
  • Prime tickets in the Kentucky section
  • Luxurious stay at the Westin Memphis Beale Street
  • Hassle-free shuttle service between Memphis and Oxford
  • Exclusive pre-game tailgate near the legendary Grove
Soak in the Southern charm, devour some world-famous BBQ and cheer our Wildcats to victory! Click the button below to register today.

Kentucky vs. Texas

Nov. 22 – 24, 2024
Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium | Austin, TX

History in the making! For the first time ever, we're taking on the Longhorns in their own backyard. Let's show Texas how we do football in the Bluegrass State! Here's what you'll get:
  • Kentucky section tickets for this landmark game
  • Comfortable stay at the Courtyard & Residence Inn Austin Downtown
  • Convenient shuttle service to and from the game
  • Wildcat-exclusive pre-game tailgate near the stadium
Experience the electric atmosphere of Austin and be part of UK football history! Click the button below to register today.

As part of Delta Airlines college football promotional program, they have scheduled direct flights from Lexington to Austin on November 22 and return on November 24. I don't know prices or schedule, but it shows up in the Delta website for those who are interested. My sons and I are going but we are all flying in from different locations. Go CATS

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Your Texas Longhorns Football vs. Kentucky Wildcats Football Ticket Order

Texas Longhorns Football vs. Kentucky Wildcats Football
Darrell K Royal - Memorial Stadium - Austin, TX
Sat, Nov 23 TBA

Purchased: Aug 18, 2024
You Paid: $186.40

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT