ADVERTISEMENT

Another sad stat

We don't have the clutch players we used to.

Harrisons were clutch. Yeah they lost a game and people focus on that one game but they won a lot more than they lost.

So was Monk. Herro did his thing some.

Wall was clutch. Knight was the man. Lamb was clutch in 2012.

Who have we had since that is clutch?

Edit: not defending cal. The players above made the plays because we had them dudes then. They did it inspite of cal.

Reactions: catben
@Aike it's worse than even I thought. 27 times and only once have we hit a basket to tie or lead. So by the law of averages, we're due to start hitting? Or is that just put on hold until we get a coach that knows how to draw up a last play to tie or win the game?
It’s staggering. Especially when you consider our deep runs in ‘11 and ‘14, and how many clutch shots we had to hit to advance.

It’s staggering. Especially when you consider our deep runs in ‘11 and ‘14, and how many clutch shots we had to hit to advance.
Well I guess we're on the back half of that law of averages. Got so lucky between 2009 and 2015 we were due for a run of bad luck to even out the numbers.

Wow, somebody drew up alot of bad plays or someone's awfully unlucky, guess that explaines yesterdays lob result.
xlZ4Gdk.png

Well I guess we're on the back half of that law of averages. Got so lucky between 2009 and 2015 we were due for a run of bad luck to even out the numbers.
Think how many bad teams have hit shots on us in that stretch. That is a truly mind blowing level of ineptitude.

@Aike it's worse than even I thought. 27 times and only once have we hit a basket to tie or lead. So by the law of averages, we're due to start hitting? Or is that just put on hold until we get a coach that knows how to draw up a last play to tie or win the game?
Option B, the coach has to put the players in a position to actually get a good look first, then we can actually start judging if the players are clutch or not

Harrisons were clutch. Yeah they lost a game and people focus on that one game but they won a lot more than they lost.

Edit: not defending cal. The players above made the plays because we had them dudes then. They did it inspite of cal.
I remember when Malik Monk said after his 43 pt performance against UNC in Las Vegas in 2016 that Cal kept yelling at him to "drive it, drive it" and monk let the 3 fly and didn't listen to Cal and it won the game!!!

You are exactly right, "in spite of Cal"!!!

If true, that is beyond amazing!!! Even if bad plays are drawn up, just by random chance you would expect to make at least 5-6 of them.

I remember when Malik Monk said after his 43 pt performance against UNC in Las Vegas in 2016 that Cal kept yelling at him to "drive it, drive it" and monk let the 3 fly and didn't listen to Cal and it won the game!!!

Same with Herro against Houston in 2019.

It’s not the players, you don’t go that many times with no good results. It is coaching.

Reed should have shot a 3 instead of throwing it to the Zaggs player

Reactions: catben and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT