ADVERTISEMENT

Announcing crew last night was pathetic. Sounded literally like Florida boosters

There are always these posts about every game. I don't understand how people focus so much on it. You're just being petty. You just think it is because you don't want them to have excitement or energy in their voice when our opponent does something good, but that's their job. Go listen to the highlights and how much they talked up UK when we had big plays. They are tasked with keeping the neutral audience watching the game, Florida was a big story coming and people were tuning in to see them. Most off, it shouldn't bother anyone that bad, just looking for things to complain about.

I think the crew went into that game expecting UF to dominate Kentucky at the swamp. You can tell their whole production was set up for that narrative, including prepared camera angles of Etienne's entire family which they showed every time he touched the ball. We saw very few shots of our crowd until it was all over but the cryin'.

Spamburger....what took you so long?

They didn’t want Florida to win, but the scripted narrative was all about Florida. They just don’t prepare to talk about both teams like they should.

Reactions: catfan093
There are always these posts about every game. I don't understand how people focus so much on it. You're just being petty. You just think it is because you don't want them to have excitement or energy in their voice when our opponent does something good, but that's their job. Go listen to the highlights and how much they talked up UK when we had big plays. They are tasked with keeping the neutral audience watching the game, Florida was a big story coming and people were tuning in to see them. Most off, it shouldn't bother anyone that bad, just looking for things to complain about.
I agree. Who cares?

Reactions: southvillecat
I think the crew went into that game expecting UF to dominate Kentucky at the swamp. You can tell their whole production was set up for that narrative, including prepared camera angles of Etienne's entire family which they showed every time he touched the ball. We saw very few shots of our crowd until it was all over but the cryin'.
I think this is likely the case. They have a limited amount of time for prep, and there was clearly a push in the national media for the return of Florida football after last week. And, any time you see those family crowd shots, you know there's a pre-planned narrative, at least around that player.

I noticed a lot of crowd noise after the pick 6. Certainly sounded like there were a 1,000’s of UK fans there.

Got to see my sons face on TV several times late in the game when they started showing our band.

Exactly. It’s quite comical when the narrative doesn’t match the outcome. You see it often across other sports as well. For example, watching the US Open the past few weeks and there were times the commentators love for particular players along with their predetermined thoughts on the outcome overshadowed the play of the player that actually won. “Oops! That didn’t work out the way we expected.” When announcers do this, it makes them appear biased.

Last edited:

Did you hear Jessie Palmer’s comment? He actually said, “We need to….(referring to UF) and the other announcer said, “Where is your neutrality” ? Jessie Palmer player QB for UF and was commenting as a fan

Reactions: RunninRichie
Did you hear Jessie Palmer’s comment? He actually said, “We need to….(referring to UF) and the other announcer said, “Where is your neutrality” ? Jessie Palmer player QB for UF and was commenting as a fan
Ha yes I did and I can almost excuse a little of that. It's the prepared narrative that's hard to take. They wanted a home crowd feel good "Gators are Back" production and they didn't get it. Just call the game and see where it goes.

my 12 year old son was watching with me on and off and he looked at me and asked "I wOnDeR wHo ThEsE aNnOuNcErS aRe FoR?" sarcastically because he could tell they were all hyped up on the gators, and this was in the 3rd quarter.

Greg McElroy did the color last night … where did you see Jesse Palmer commenting on the game?

Yes we always say this after every game. Part of it is true and we hear what we all want to hear sometimes.

Personally, I kinda think we as fans have taken on the personality of our coach and team.

I almost want the disrespect. It has fueled this rise in the program. It just won’t be a fun when we are the hunted.

Reactions: UKUGA
Greg McElroy did the color last night … where did you see Jesse Palmer commenting on the game?
McElroy saying it makes it even worse!! Proving the OP’s point.

At least Palmer played for the Gators.

I pretty much agree with you …. I couldn’t care less about announcers 99% of the time but it did seem like they were schlurping all over Florida last night. It didn’t get to me but I did keep hearing a Florida love fest from those guys.

Our fans think every announcing team and referee crew hates us

I agree but, I mean McElroy literally used the word we when talking Florida 2nd half adjustments.

They were at the very least a crew where 1 of 2 guys was openly pulling fir- and has a history of- pulling for the sec "elite"

Reactions: UKUGA
Palmer does College Football Final and did say we discussing analysis of game but I’m ok with that he’s a Gator
Joe Tess & McElroy said awful nice things about our Cats
AR15 was the story coming off Utah game I had no problem with the call they were very prepared as ESPN #1 crew for Primetime Satnight games

Reactions: STL_Cat
Who were those clowns? They wanted Florida to win so badly. Jackasses.
They weren’t that bad, but McElroy did have some bad moments, on the targetting call he kept saying he didn’t see helmet to helmet contact, and on key touchdown catch he said he though it hit the ground

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT