ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Carr down to Kentucky, Villanova and Texas Tech

The_Catfather

All-American
May 21, 2002
The Pub
Per Trilly Donovan.

I was listening to Maggard's Twitter space tonight while at work and I think one of the other speakers said, again per Trilly, that Osobor wants to play with Carr. Maybe I misunderstood. If someone has access to his discord maybe they can confirm.

Either way, I think he's kind of flown under the radar. But it sounds like Pope's really after him as a stretch 4. He's 6-10, averaged 13.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg and shot 37 percent from 3 last year at Wake.

If he truly is down to those 3, Pope needs to get this one done. Nova and TTU are way down since losing Wright and Beard, respectively. Neither can compete with us from an NIL perspective either.
Just finish it now. We have to have a good stretch 4 and he is it.

If he truly is down to those 3, Pope needs to get this one done. Nova and TTU are way down since losing Wright and Beard, respectively. Neither can compete with us from an NIL perspective either.

Maybe so, but he is from PA not too far from Philly, so that could be a factor. Also, IF he does want to play with Osobor, they are both visiting UK and Texas Tech. Hopefully, Pope can real in Osobor and add Carr as well.

Likely, it still comes down to NIL.

Getting commits from

Williams, Osobor and Carr would be an awesome start to building the front court for next season. Add in the possibility of OK St transfer (Garrison?), and that would be amazing.

Getting commits from

Williams, Osobor and Carr would be an awesome start to building the front court for next season. Add in the possibility of OK St transfer (Garrison?), and that would be amazing.
Did Garrison cancel his visit? Carr has one more year and would be the perfect 4 in this system. Power is a very young player that plays the same position it seems he would be a good fit this year playing behind Carr for a year. From what I have read Power is a really good shooter and overall good player. And he would three years left so that would be good for our roster.

Did Garrison cancel his visit? Carr has one more year and would be the perfect 4 in this system. Power is a very young player that plays the same position it seems he would be a good fit this year playing behind Carr for a year. From what I have read Power is a really good shooter and overall good player. And he would three years left so that would be good for our roster.

Totally forgot about Power...with his skillset (shooting especially) remaining eligibility in mind, I agree I'd rather take him over Garrison.

Reactions: LCFOOTBALLDAD
Thanks man! Took me half a day to locate.
Really ? It literally takes me about 2 minutes. Google / players name / college stats / click sports reference .com / look at players stats for year , career, per game. So easy, a 5th grader could do it. LOL, just busting your balls, but there is truth in my post.

Graf said it's very unlikely Garrison comes.I like Carr better anyway.

Reactions: BassProCat
Per Trilly Donovan.

I was listening to Maggard's Twitter space tonight while at work and I think one of the other speakers said, again per Trilly, that Osobor wants to play with Carr. Maybe I misunderstood. If someone has access to his discord maybe they can confirm.

Either way, I think he's kind of flown under the radar. But it sounds like Pope's really after him as a stretch 4. He's 6-10, averaged 13.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg and shot 37 percent from 3 last year at Wake.
I watched him play a lot probably at least 20 times this season and also saw him in person at Wake this year. My in-laws are Wake alums.

Here's my thoughts:
-a little slow but not lumbering slow
-plays big and finishes strong around the rim (though not a high flyer)
-really good outside shooter and very solid free throw shooter
-solid but not dominant rebounder
-sneaky good shot blocker, good for a couple a game on most nights
-played with two ball-dominant guards (Sallis and Boopie) and still managed good numbers
-A bit of an enigma. Some games he was great and some completely invisible, like, is he still on the team invisible. Just look at his last two games to illustrate this point: 37 minutes and 31 points against Georgia and 38 minutes and just 4 points against App State.

Overall I think he would be a nice fit and bring a good skill set to the 4. Solid player

Per Trilly Donovan.

I was listening during that part as well …

The caller said Carr and Osobor have the same agent and that’s what the agent had told Trilly that Osobor and Carr want to play together ….also Williams has the same agent.

Reactions: PatWall
Graf said it's very unlikely Garrison comes.I like Carr better anyway.
Agree. I know some are wanting Garrison (they want EVERY player who enters), but he is just not a fit in Pope's system IMO. He is strictly around the rim scorer, rebounds. He does have some upside and will get better, maybe a a 3rd big because he is a multi year guy. But I think he is wanting to go somewhere and be THE big man and start. IF he is a starter for UK, things did not turn out as planned. Not a bad guy to have, there are just a few I like better.

Last edited:
Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Agree. I know some are wanting Garrison (they want EVERY layer who enters), but he is just not a fit in Pope's system IMO. He is strictly around the rim scorer, rebounds. He does have some upside and will get better, maybe a a 3rd big because he is a multi year guy. But I think he is wanting to go somewhere and be THE big man and start. IF he is a starter for UK, things did not turn out as planned. Not a bad guy to have, there are just a few I like better.

yeah, I think he may only fit as a backup to Williams for 2024-2025 with plans of becoming the man at the 5 spot the following season.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Plenty of room for Garrison & Williams. UK could play one style with Williams and another style with Garrison.
What if Williams gets hurt, need Garrison to step in and take his place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT