ADVERTISEMENT

amateurism hypothetical (what former Wildcat...)

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
Given the NCAA agreement last week virtually ending amateurism, even though I don't think we (or other schools) will go down this route, what past UK player would you think would be most helpful to the 24-25 Cats?
No current NBA players or other players making enough overseas to leave that for 1-3 more years of college (where would have to go to class & maintain grades). Keep in mind health & age.

Tyler Ulis, who is still only 28 years old, I believe would absolutely light up college players.

But yeah, really any of the guys that were NBA dudes for a while are probably leagues better than anyone in college. There are those videos of Brian Scalabrine just destroying high school/college players as a 40 year old. Get any draftee from Cal's first class and they're immediately the best player in college right now. And they're in their mid 30s at this point.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Tyler Ulis, who is still only 28 years old, I believe would absolutely light up college players.

But yeah, really any of the guys that were NBA dudes for a while are probably leagues better than anyone in college. There are those videos of Brian Scalabrine just destroying high school/college players as a 40 year old. Get any draftee from Cal's first class and they're immediately the best player in college right now. And they're in their mid 30s at this point.
He can barely walk he wouldnt be able to play 10 minutes of college action.

Reactions: chroix

Health is the big equalizer. As much as I love Ulis, from his injury I doubt he could light up any decent college player now.

Reactions: chroix
With Mashburn's JR year body, Sky Walker's vertical, Lamb's (or Reed's) shot, Chuck Hayes toughness, Ulis game smarts, Wall's quickness/speed,
+ Derek Anderson’s enthusiasm for the game + Macy’s coolness under pressure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT