ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Williams?

You win some you lose some!! Eventually Pope will have his kind of players. If not this year, there is always next year. I like his method because he is trying to build something that doesn't fall apart with the loss of a single person, coach or player.

Reactions: westerncat
If he doesn’t want to be here, bye. Excited to watch him play and hopefully he wants to be here and play for UK. But if he is trying to play Pope and UK, he can get to stepping. This isn’t Calipari U anymore. UK comes first

I certainly hope Amir stays. But if for some reason he doesn't, then that's for the best.

Coach Pope only wants guys totally on board. If this guy can get on board, we'll love him. But we need him all-in. Otherwise, we ride with someone else. Cal was right about one thing, KY isn't for everybody.

And a sweet 16 team in year one where u had no coach and no roster would be unbelievable. I mean history is full of teams that started like that and won it all right? We aren’t done this roster isn’t final, some of the best won’t be available for a while. I don’t know the number but I wonder how many kids entered portal and also declared for the draft? Gonna be quite a few backing out considering a lot aren’t even on draft boards.

That is a sweet-16 team.
We still have 4 scholarships to give, if I had to guess, at least 1 of those will be to a player that will be a main rotation guy. We might not have a 20 pt a game scorer on the team but 5-6 players that average between 9-14 pts. a game. Once you get to the sweet 16, its about matchups, so anything can happen. I'll also point out, if we make it that far in Pope's first year, that will be as many games in 1 tourney as UK has won in the previous 4 years.

We had final four talent 13 out of the last 15 years
If not more.

Go look at how many NBA guys (including TC) we had on our 9 win/worst season in UK history year.

It’s wild how awful that team was…that’s the season cal just quit, picked a fight w the fanbase and KY in general, and refused to make the right coaching decisions bc it aligned with “Bennie ball”

Sounding already like a land of misfit toys, there was no "fit" around the whole process, just throwing $ at the best players. Not good.

Amari signed, awesome. Carr signed, awesome. Osobor was on his OV and they sign Garrison. Terrible form. You just don't sign a 3rd when there's only room for 2-3. No way Osobor signs since he's not happy. Turns out, Amari and Osobor have the same agent. Amari is not happy either.

It's not about NIL for this situation since they received plenty, it's about signing up for a starter role, then being signed-over by another guy. Amari is not a bench guy, he's a starter. Same thing with Butler. Not surprised if he gone too with the (crazy locker room) Kerr in the equation.

Greed...is bad. #Growing pains. Side note: Players can move around until they attend their first class, signing means nothing.
Silliness.

Garrison wasn't promised a starting spot. Maybe you can get your other accounts to like your presumptive posts?

This rumor was started by Sisk, who is suppose to be an insider here....but couldnt tell you last time he got anything right. Graf, the main basketball recruiting guy has all but been MIA for the entire portal period.

Do better Cats Illustrated.
Well the usual suspects ran with it and posted it as the truth, they’re partly to blame as well.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Sounding already like a land of misfit toys, there was no "fit" around the whole process, just throwing $ at the best players. Not good.

Amari signed, awesome. Carr signed, awesome. Osobor was on his OV and they sign Garrison. Terrible form. You just don't sign a 3rd when there's only room for 2-3. No way Osobor signs since he's not happy. Turns out, Amari and Osobor have the same agent. Amari is not happy either.

It's not about NIL for this situation since they received plenty, it's about signing up for a starter role, then being signed-over by another guy. Amari is not a bench guy, he's a starter. Same thing with Butler. Not surprised if he gone too with the (crazy locker room) Kerr in the equation.

Greed...is bad. #Growing pains. Side note: Players can move around until they attend their first class, signing means nothing.
So what the hell do you think we should’ve done instead?

Should we have stopped trying to recruit the best portal prospects out of concern that it might hurt someone’s feelings? Pope is trying to build a contending roster in just one off season starting from ZERO. In that situation, if you have a chance to add bigs as good as Garrison and Carr, or a shooter like Kriisa, you jump on it, IMMEDIATELY, before someone else takes them.

You can deal with Amari Williams’ and Butler’s feelings about it later.

Reactions: ORCAT10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT