ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Williams?

Sisk has been in the biz for 30 years. If a rumor didn't have some smoke he wouldn't post it from behind a paywall.
I didn't see Sisk's name when I posted but just the same, given the recent crappy record of the internet "experts" I'll wait for the decision to be announced officially before I get worked up about it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
On April 28 Andre Carr committed to Uk

On 29 Amari was on the podcast saying how crazy it is to be at Kentucky.

On April 30 , Brandon Garrison committed to Kentucky.

IF this is true , we will find out in few hours , when the deadline to enter transfer portal expires, Has Amari signed the papers to Kentucky yet?

I would hate to lose Williams, but this is not a good look for him. He just signed and now he's wanting out because we got some other good interior players? It's called a TEAM man! We need players and you gotta know some competition is coming. That's what makes you better. If you're determined to play with a particular guy, go help us get him. If you're afraid of the competition and jealous about NIL money, it's just a bad look. We're ready to support this guy, so I hope these rumors turn out to be a tempest in a teapot.

Was probably tampered with and someone reached out to his agent saying they’d offer x amount.
Probably right, weird times with agents tied to so many college players now. I will let it play out, but seems like a short sighted move on their part. Maybe someone offers more upfront money, but if the guy is as good as advertised; I'd have to think he'd have plenty of opportunities to make more money in Lex as the season progresses

This is exactly why Cal was starting Justin and DJ last season. He made promises and didn't want to go back on them. If they had any inkling they would be competing for time, they wouldn't have been here.

How would Williams go back into the portal if it closes tonight? He can’t right?
There has to be a rule against entering the portal twice in the same cycle. That's absurd, and someone needs to make sure once they sign in a transfer cycle, they're done. This agent steering/shopping BS is going to get way out of hand. And what if coaches and NIL GMs decide to have a player in the portal fake a commitment to a rival school just to get that rival school to stop recruiting that position, then last-minute pull it and transfer to the other school that orchestrated the entire scam?

Ethics are out the window and I will 100% guarantee that this will happen, if it isn't already, if the portal rules allow unlimited portal entrances in a single cycle.

Sisk has been in the biz for 30 years. If a rumor didn't have some smoke he wouldn't post it from behind a paywall.
Not true at all. These "Insiders" are wrong all the time. Heck Matt Jones said there was like a 90% chance that the UK coach would be Hurley, Drew, or Donovan. And Trilly was completely wrong. And the posters that post for money on this board were wrong. Everyone's just trying to guess and use clickbait to try to make as much money as possible. And I'm not saying that these guys are just posting nonsense however if you have ever played the telephone game or heard rumors in highschool you know how fast rumors can get out of hand and how words can get twisted or misheard.

Reactions: flacat22
This could be the future unfortunately. Teams are going to be relying on the portal more and more, and with basically no rules anymore, kids can change their minds and bolt at the drop of a hat, leaving the team SOL. Agents are just about getting that green for their clients and themselves.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I would hate to lose Williams, but this is not a good look for him. He just signed and now he's wanting out because we got some other good interior players? It's called a TEAM man! We need players and you gotta know some competition is coming. That's what makes you better. If you're determined to play with a particular guy, go help us get him. If you're afraid of the competition and jealous about NIL money, it's just a bad look. We're ready to support this guy, so I hope these rumors turn out to be a tempest in a teapot.
I hope this isn't true because it won't be a good look at all for that kid.

This would look bad on Amari if true.

Another article about how he would fit at Kentucky and some limitations.

There will be plenty of NIL to go around around if Pope gets this team off of the ground. The initial deal isn't all there is, especially if they can put together a great season.

If this is true, considering the timing, there have to be folks tampering like crazy.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Not true at all. These "Insiders" are wrong all the time. Heck Matt Jones said there was like a 90% chance that the UK coach would be Hurley, Drew, or Donovan. And Trilly was completely wrong. And the posters that post for money on this board were wrong. Everyone's just trying to guess and use clickbait to try to make as much money as possible. And I'm not saying that these guys are just posting nonsense however if you have ever played the telephone game or heard rumors in highschool you know how fast rumors can get out of hand and how words can get twisted or misheard.
Trilly has been wrong twice out of 113 predictions. Matt Jones is a hack. Also, you have no idea if it's true at all.

He is going to start, even with Garrison on the team. Does he not expect us to have backups?

That's the issue....bunch of pansies at times (if true). My 11 year old doesn't even complain about competition.

No offense to these guys but they need to understand that literally everything in life is a competition. You cannot run from a challenge. Have to face it head on. It is called the real world. He isn't at Drexel anymore.

Trilly has been wrong twice out of 113 predictions. Matt Jones is a hack. Also, you have no idea if it's true at all.
Matt Jones is a hack??? SURE lol. He's an idiot when it comes to politics but it's not like he has ZERO connections. Also no Trilly is just as much of a "hack" as Matt Jones and the people that post on this paid board. And you are right I have no idea if the rumor is true. But I do 100% know that these Insiders are just as likely to be wrong as they are right. And no Trilly hasn't been wrong twice out of 113 predictions.

Matt Jones is a hack??? SURE lol. He's an idiot when it comes to politics but it's not like he has ZERO connections. Also no Trilly is just as much of a "hack" as Matt Jones and the people that post on this paid board. And you are right I have no idea if the rumor is true. But I do 100% know that these Insiders are just as likely to be wrong as they are right. And no Trilly hasn't been wrong twice out of 113 predictions.
Lol, he posted all his predictions. He missed twice. And both were UK guys.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Amari needs to understand he's coming into the SEC. When SEC stripes sees the big body on UK's post players, no more 7' 120 pounders, they'll rediscover their whistles. UK needs backups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT