ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Williams to Kentucky

A priority recruit for us and we could not even get a visit? What if we was going to give him more money? Why would he not be interested in at least checking that part out before he commits to them? These guys have to know that we should have the money to compete at a place like this. What's the deal of not even checking us out. Kind of bothersome.
Hurley is established and was likely in on this kid while Pope was still recruiting the limited talent he could contact out west. Yes, money is part of it, but Hurley's proven and they're losing a ton from this last year's team.

Once McNeely stepped on UConn's campus for his visit, it was pretty much signed, sealed, and delivered. Even before that, I saw scuttlebutt that said he was 90% UConn and that UK was the remaining 10. I gotta give it to Hurley – he's a smooth bastard.

A priority recruit for us and we could not even get a visit? What if we was going to give him more money? Why would he not be interested in at least checking that part out before he commits to them? These guys have to know that we should have the money to compete at a place like this. What's the deal of not even checking us out. Kind of bothersome.
An unknown coach with no track record. Pope has a chance to prove he can do it with portal players. If he can do that then he will start land these type players.

Last edited:
Hurley is established and was likely in on this kid while Pope was still recruiting the limited talent he could contact out west. Yes, money is part of it, but Hurley's proven and they're losing a ton from this last year's team.

Once McNeely stepped on UConn's campus for his visit, it was pretty much signed, sealed, and delivered. Even before that, I saw scuttlebutt that said he was 90% UConn and that UK was the remaining 10. I gotta give it to Hurley – he's a smooth bastard.
Do you think that it never even entered McNeeley's mind that UK might give him more money than UConn? Why the rush and not at least check us out?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Do you think that it never even entered McNeeley's mind that UK might give him more money than UConn? Why the rush and not at least check us out?
I don't have an answer for that. I don't know that Hurley is the type to threaten to remove an offer like Saban did of his recruits talked to other programs, but. I suppose that's an option.

More likely, I have to assume that McNeely just loved his visit that much. Maybe he got a huge NIL deal. Maybe he was promised a starting role and an opportunity to lead the charge for the three-peat. I don't know how Hurley recruits, so really, it's all just conjecture until the truth comes out in an interview.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This has to be about the 18th such insider type tweet suggesting this kid is very likely/certainly heading to Kentucky, but nothing official yet. I fully expect about 18 more such prognosticating tweets before we ever hear anything confirmed.
Bro, you're not gonna believe where I'm prognosticating Amari Williams to go.

And you're right. It reminds me of being a kid counting down on the playground.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 1/2... 1/4... 1/8... 1/100....

Since you might be unaware it is a day that people celebrate the smoking and/or ingesting of cannabis, aka marijuana.

Just a little public service message. Based on your post history I thought you might be kind of straight edge.
Why would potheads choose Hitlers birthday to celebrate? Probably self-explanatory
wants to be a one and done and try for a 3-peat?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if he cares more about the name on the front than the name on the back or is UK the best place to showcase himself?
When Pope spoke a week ago the folks on here saying that was the best thing they heard were too many to count. How a week changes things in this honorees society

Well, at least we know NOBODY on this board has the inside info, just a bunch of dudes throwing spaghetti at the wall hoping it sticks so they can claim to be in the know.

Just so you guy know, I , very unexpectedly walked into an incredible source with this staff.

Hope it sticks in the future.

GBB.
It looks like you've been here awhile so I believe you. That's an awful long troll game, if not! Thank you for passing along what you hear and don't get discouraged by doubters.

Last edited:
Reactions: cathouse
It looks like you've been here awhile so I believe you. That's an awful long troll game, if not! Thank you for passing along what you here and don't get discouraged by doubters.
He's a consistently good poster on the Lair. I'm surprised so many people jumped down his throat even without the clarification that he came upon a solid source. Would've helped his case earlier, but still.

Reactions: JoshAllenFan
Bro, you're not gonna believe where I'm prognosticating Amari Williams to go.

And you're right. It reminds me of being a kid counting down on the playground.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 1/2... 1/4... 1/8... 1/100....
I still count like that when my husband makes something to eat that I maybe don't think looks appealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT