ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Williams officially to Kentucky, for real this time

Would Osobor and Williams play on the floor together ??
I think they would. It is hard to get an elite shot blocking rim protector as good as him. Will make such a huge difference being on the floor all the time. And Osobor gives us that big that is outstanding on offense. Hard to deal with on entry passes because of his size. Those two complement each other perfectly from what I have seen.

Would Osobor and Williams play on the floor together ??
Yes. And, the interior passing would be a thing of beauty, IMO. Both are REALLY good passers. And, both seem to be smart players with a good feel for the game. The only downside is that neither of them are shooters. But, surround them with 3 capable shooters & it shouldn’t be a big deal.

And, having two bigs who can pass like them will offset a lack of shooting, somewhat, too. Ball movement has a chance to be elite & that will help compensate, for the lack of a stretch 4, creating space & open looks. Osobor kinda reminds me of Anthony Mason from the 90s Knicks teams & if we can pair him with AW, we will have a brutish front court, with the potential to be lights out defensively, similar to those NY teams.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think the first 5-7 gets will be relatively easy for Pope? I mean you are selling the potential to start at the premier college basketball school. But trying to convince guys in the portal that are probably already leaving places they don’t play to come in and be guys 8-12 seems like it could be much more difficult?

Does anyone else think the first 5-7 gets will be relatively easy for Pope? I mean you are selling the potential to start at the premier college basketball school. But trying to convince guys in the portal that are probably already leaving places they don’t play to come in and be guys 8-12 seems like it could be much more difficult?

This year for sure... it was the same issue we had with our freshman teams. Who in the portal was going to come when Cal was going to start the Frosh?

Moving forward once he can build his team hopefully it won't be too big if an issue

Reactions: Chief Paducah
Yeahhhh MUDDAFUDDAS

By the way, basketball in the UK (as in United Kingdom) is in an interesting place right now. They have a professional team called the London Lions that plays in the Eurocup has some decent talent, starting to pick up a little bit of a following (but still like a pimple on an elephant’s ass compared to “football”). I could see the UK (as in University of Kentucky) brand really growing there with us having two Brits on the team now. Most people here probably don’t care, but it would be cool to me if all the sudden people were wearing Kentucky gear in UK (as in United Kingdom) street culture.

Great news.

Now get 5-6 more top tier guys and we have the space to start recruiting his type of multi year guys.

I'm getting that tingling feeling of excitement!!!!😁

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Great news.

Now get 5-6 more top tier guys and we have the space to start recruiting his type of multi year guys.
I love this. We can't win with the top recruits, but if we get 6 or 7 more of them and convince a few guys to sit behind them for two years, now we can win.

While investigating Williams, I was amazed that Drexel plays its home games on campus in a facility with a capacity of only 2,509 for basketball, despite the school having an enrollment of 24,000 students. Kinda wild !!

Had to do a quick check but that's the 328th largest in D1.

That's kind of wild. I mean the Colonial is mid major but not really a bad conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT