ADVERTISEMENT

Almonor ??

I think he can redshirt but otherwise this would be his last year. I havn't looked it up, just going by what's been said on the board and nobody said otherwise.

I think he can redshirt but otherwise this would be his last year. I havn't looked it up, just going by what's been said on the board and nobody said otherwise.
Thanks … I was hoping he had duals left.
I’m thinking he’ll be a Thiero-type with a better stroke. We’ll know, soon enough.

Last edited:
Thanks … I was hoping he had duals left.
I’m thinking he’ll be a Thiero with a better stroke. We’ll know, soon enough.

MUCH better stroke. And no history of back problems.

I will give Adou credit though… the kid always tried to cram it or swat it, and he fell hard on his back several times as a result. Maybe not the smartest move but you couldn’t fault the effort.

The dude we beat out Siena for? What is wrong with this board, man? You thinking Butler's going to be a better Kyrie Irving too?
I never said he was unreal. I was hoping for two (2) years. I think he has a very smooth stroke, plays hard and really wants to be here. He has been an excellent catch-and-shoot player and I hope he can be that here. I do wish he had more hops to his game, however, as he’ll need it finishing around the rim at this level. I think he can definitely help us. We’ll see how much …

Last edited:

I will give Adou credit though… the kid always tried to cram it or swat it, and he fell hard on his back several times as a result. Maybe not the smartest move but you couldn’t fault the effort.
Yes … Thiero played fearlessly and very hard. He was a favorite of mine.

I never said he was unreal. I was hoping for two (2) years. I think he has a very smooth stroke, plays hard and really wants to be here. He has been an excellent catch-and-shoot player and I hope he can be that here. I do wish he had more hops to his game, however, as he’ll need it finishing around the rim at this level. I think he can definitely help us. We’ll see how much …

He definitely plays mostly below the rim, but he seems to be pretty crafty with it, which is necessary.

Plus, he’s at least been playing college long enough I hope he should be able to adjust to stepping up in competition in the SEC. I think guys that play below the rim at the college level adjust easier to better athletes because they are crafty with the ball around the rim. Guys that struggle more are the ones that have previously been the most (or almost the most) athletic guy on the court at a lower level but don’t have skills to adjust when they face a defender who is bigger and more athletic than them

Almodor

Exceedingly better stroke. Almodor made 93 three-pointers last season, the same number as Dalton Knecht.😉

He definitely plays mostly below the rim, but he seems to be pretty crafty with it, which is necessary.

Plus, he’s at least been playing college long enough I hope he should be able to adjust to stepping up in competition in the SEC. I think guys that play below the rim at the college level adjust easier to better athletes because they are crafty with the ball around the rim. Guys that struggle more are the ones that have previously been the most (or almost the most) athletic guy on the court at a lower level but don’t have skills to adjust when they face a defender who is bigger and more athletic than them
I think that is the point that Thiero is a substantially better athlete and so say he’s Adou with a stroke js not exactly reality. Adou also had a strong driving ability for a PF off the bounce

I think that is the point that Thiero is a substantially better athlete and so say he’s Adou with a stroke js not exactly reality. Adou also had a strong driving ability for a PF off the bounce

Oh - totally agree that his game is nothing like Abdou’s…I was commenting more on the fact that some were commenting as if Almonor couldn’t be a better addition than Thiero.

As you said, their games are totally different, but I think Almonor can be just as valuable (if not more) than Thiero in Pope’s system because of his shooting ability creating better spacing on the floor.

With that being said, I would’ve been completely happy if Adou had returned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT