ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time UK Defensive Line

You're old aren't ya! LOL
Any list without Art Still is wrong. He was one of the greatest players to ever suit up for UK any position.
I took it that he was naming his second team. I don't think there's a whole lot of dispute in the First Team, assuming Deone Walker dominates this year as he should. It's between Art Still and Josh Allen for greatest UK defensive player of my lifetime, imo.

Any list without Art Still is wrong. He was one of the greatest players to ever suit up for UK any position.
77, still just a puppy!

Art Still was and is the best UK football player I've ever seen or saw. He could literally control his half of the field by himself. These other players, including Josh Allen, were and are great but Still was on another level.

Art Still was a 1st team All-American
The #2 player picked in the 1978 NFL draft
Made several Pro Bowls

Without a doubt one of the 2 or 3 best defensive players to ever play here.

I do not consider Allen a Defensive Lineman. I put him in the category with Trevathan and Woodyard. I know he lined up on the end a lot. He is a edge like Dupree. Both drop back in coverage and play the run better than a true D-Lineman. Same with a guy like Micah Parsons.
Za' Darius has to be mentioned. He is 6-6 275 lbs. and athletic as hell. He was just not as mobile to cover like Trevathan, Woodyard.
Guys like Peters, Barnett, Sweet Pea Burns, Robertson, Jarmon and Walker are what I call true Defensive lineman.

Somebody start a greatest linebacker thread. That will be tougher to list a top 5.

In my opinion :
Za'Darius Smith - Defensive lineman
DuPree / Allen - Linebacker / Edge rusher

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT