ADVERTISEMENT

All quiet on the Riley visit ?

Seems to being kept low keyed. It was mentioned that you can wave at him if you see him but to not make a fool of yourself. Some players are uncomfortable with stardom attention. Just speculating. No idea how it went. I believe he was suppose to go to AL today.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Was quite with Robinson. I'm hoping. I think this kid could make a major impact by the end of the year

Reactions: Fox2monk
Seems to being kept low keyed. It was mentioned that you can wave at him if you see him but to not make a fool of yourself. Some players are uncomfortable with stardom attention. Just speculating. No idea how it went. I believe he was suppose to go to AL today.
IF he is uncomfortable with stardom and the spotlight, UK is the LAST place he needs to consider. He would get chewed up and spit out if here if that was the case. Which I do NOT think it is.

Pope's offense is tailor made for a player like McNeely to thrive in. Hard to believe he fell for the third championship pitch and seemingly did not consider the benefits of playing in an up tempo offense that shoots threes like no other. Plus now Karaban is back so that will take some of his minutes.

But we are in a lot better shape now than when we was pushing for him. If he came now he would probably have to wait till next season to play a big role. I'm sure he would get some minutes but next season he would probably be a starter.

Last edited:
Pope's offense is tailor made for a player like McNeely to thrive in. Hard to believe he fell for the third championship pitch and seemingly did not consider the benefits of playing in an up tempo offense that shoots threes like no other. Plus now Castle is back so that will take some of his minutes.

But we are in a lot better shape now than when we was pushing for him. If he came now he would probably have to wait till next season to play a big role. I'm sure he would get some minutes but next season he would probably be a starter.
Castle isn’t back it’s Karaban. Castle is a projected 3rd pick right now.

• Wow
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
You don’t turn down this kid hoping Hurley leaves and then a late recommit from McNeely, he had his chance.
Your take of getting a kid that might be good enough to play in 2-3 years over a kid that would start is not good . Take the talent

Your take of getting a kid that might be good enough to play in 2-3 years over a kid that would start is not good . Take the talent
Riley is a five star talent and one of the best offensive players in his class. He will definitely play early. He has great size for his position as well. Why don’t you think the number 10 rated player in a deep 2025 class won’t play?

Last edited:
This draft is so weak.

A far cry from some of the drafts I remember as a kid, where in 1996 you could take Iverson, Kobe, Stephon Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, Peja, Abdur-Rahim, Camby, Antoine Walker, Ray Allen, Kittles, or Steve Nash in the lottery.
No doubt, one of the worst I can remember. Sheppard is a great player and will probably be a good pro but I can’t imagine him being lottery in most deep drafts. He’s the kinds of dude that tears it up from 20-25 range in most drafts. There are a handful of guys that will turn out great but Sarr and the other foreign dude don’t really impress me as foundational picks who save a franchise.

Riley is a five star talent and one of the best offensive players in his class. He will definitely play early. He has great size for his position as well. Why don’t you think the number 10 rated player in a deep 2025 class won’t play?
He’s not near as ready as McNeeley is

Reactions: JASUN74
Screw Mahaney and McKneely if they wanted to come to UK they should've made us their 1st choice. UK wants players who want to be here.

Why potentially mess with team chemistry for someone who may or may not be a positional upgrade?

Mcneely was in a tough spot. There wasn't a whole lot of pieces assembled when he was committing. Hurley was a known commodity and it made sense for him to go there. If Hurley leaves then the math changes.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT