ADVERTISEMENT

All quiet on the Dickinson front

Lot of KU people around here...they all say they are hearing he is headed to Kansas. "KU insiders" say that he will announce for KU tomorrow or Wednesday.

Reactions: YardCat
Why do I feel like we're gonna be left out in the cold on this one.

I'd really wish we would just go to Oscar, tell him how much better this team will be next year so he's not quadruple teamed in the tournament, and tell him we will get him more NIL money. I think Oscar fits next years team better
Because Cal is our coach.

I'll tell yah, if we lose out on Oscar because of Hunter, only to have Hunter pull the rug out from under us... I'll have a very easy #1 ranking for my "hope he tears his ACL" list next year.
I'd never wish injury on anyone.....

But I already don't like the dude. If he did that to us.....man....I'd have a hard time not telling him he's "Number 1" like Doug the Blue Coat.

If we miss out on him and Oscar doesn’t come back, then Bradshaw at the 5 and Holland at the 4.

Again what's keeping Oscar from returning?

I don't think it's a stretch to think that Hunter *could* keep Oscar away. We already know he told staff to recruit as if he's not coming back, so I think if we get Hunter that will tell Oscar "ok UK is in a good spot, they don't need me"

Reactions: Padsfs07
I don't think it's a stretch to think that Hunter *could* keep Oscar away. We already know he told staff to recruit as if he's not coming back, so I think if we get Hunter that will tell Oscar "ok UK is in a good spot, they don't need me"
I think he meant if Hunter doesn't come here.

Predictions just came in for Villanova on On3 site.

I think he meant if Hunter doesn't come here.

Well foe the same reason, Oscar seems to want to leave UK in a good spot. I don't see him coming back if Hunter is here. But I guess if the timing works.. maybe hunter goes elsewhere and Oscar comes back. In which case, perfect.

But it might also be that Oscar decides to move on, and then hunter doesn't come. Hopefully hunters decision is indeed coming soon.

Because the sooner Hunter makes his decision, the sooner we can really put the full court press on Oscar.

Unless Hunter has a poker face and is going to commit to Kentucky, this one has "thanks no thanks" written all over it. Oscar doesn't want to be here, and I have little faith he will make improvements to his game (not just rebounds) if he does come back. Cal is past the ZFG stage.

Looks like our only hope left at the 5 spot is someone who hasn't put his name in the portal yet.

Lot of KU people around here...they all say they are hearing he is headed to Kansas. "KU insiders" say that he will announce for KU tomorrow or Wednesday.
I hope he does one way or another. If it’s us, awesome if not, move on to the next guy.

I’d be shocked if it’s Villanova. Can’t imagine there’s much NIL there and without Wright they’re back to a mediocre program.

Gonna be Kansas, UK, or maybe Maryland (hometown team)
Nova has his best friend, and is closer to home, maybe that can make up for some it, i still have the feeling it’s Kansas and has always been Kansas

After reading this thread, only one thing is for sure, nobody knows and people are just guessing, as usual.
Probably. But, when nearly all of the smoke is suggesting one place (KU) it is usually correct. Nobody can think it's a good sign that there is literally zero UK buzz with him.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Probably. But, when nearly all of the smoke is suggesting one place (KU) it is usually correct. Nobody can think it's a good sign that there is literally zero UK buzz with him.
I agree but there doesn't appear to be any reason to believe all the KU hype other than prognosticators assuming it's the best fit and Self's recent success in the portal. He's been pretty close to the vest.

It's not ideal.. but I'm also fine with a front court of Ugonna, Bradshaw, and Ware. We wanted to play smaller ball anyways. In this scenario, I think we need Ron Holland, or someone else to come in as a 4, and we could likely use a backup/reserve center. But give Ugonna 30-35 mpg and I think he *could* become a monster come march. And if not, still have Bradshaw at 7'0".. and I'm sure he can at least get us 7-8 rebounds a game.

More importantly, I want PGs and I want wings. You can make due playing small ball, but you don't win shit if you don't have guards.

Get Reeves back, and ADD another shooter/scorer like Dingle ... UK will be fine, talent-wise, at that point. If Cal whiffs on Dickinson/Oscar/Holland and doesn't add another legit scorer/shooter, next season is going to be a waste. They'll be 2 players short, and an injury to a starter away from being mediocre at best.

I’d much rather have Tshiebwe back, TBH.

Or add Holland at the 4 and play Bradshaw in a stretch 5 role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT