ADVERTISEMENT

All ESPN guys have Duke

giphy.gif

We were saying same thing about acc last year, they put 2 teams in final 4 our league didn't do to good
If you recall, UNC didn't even make the cut this season. Also, past performance isn't an indicator of future performance. DUKE WILL NOT MAKE THE FINAL FOUR!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I very much can see the weak ACC being a bit of a red herring for them. They played Miami when Miami lost a player within the 1st minute. Then they get Virginia for the ACCT Final. Meh. I think Oral Roberts this year might have been a top5 ACC team.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I saw that all 5 took Dook to FF with Bilas having them in the title game.😂 Unyil the ACCT Dook hadn't won but 1 Quad 1 game (UNC) in over 3 months, Dec 6 2022. Overrated yet all these idiots take a 5 seed to the FF.

I would be surprised if they made the SS.
March Madness Hoops GIF by Basketball Madness

Reactions: ruppcat
We want Duke to lose more than anybody, and soon. Alabama, for playing a guy in on a murder. UCLA so they don't expand their lead on us. Kansas, for their preferential treatment. Who are some others?

Reactions: 2Dope15
If Duke puts together any kind of winning streak everybody in the media does that every single year. I'm surprised Bilas has not put his pitch in about how they should be a number one seed.
Well said. He was hyping them to climb seed line last night with his "When they are whole...this team is 17-1".

I do think Duke is capable of making the Final Four for one reason. If they get out of Orlando, they'll get to play in their defacto 2nd home court--MSG. They got the best #4 and #1 seed matchups for their team although even without Ziegler, at least Tennessee can play a bump and grind style against a Duke team that isn't a high powered offensive team. They get past that game though and it's a Purdue team who has rotten guard play and Duke has a ton of fouls/size to throw at Edey. They also played them in November or early December (whenever that Phil Knight Tournament was) and while they lost..they'd have a homecourt advantage.

Which guys were on the show? Reason I say this:

Reece Davis's son is on the Duke Baseball team
Jay Bilas (obviously)
Spatola is Coach K's son in law
Wojo somehow got a job despite the fact his personality and TV skills are straight trash
Laphonso & Greenberg

Reactions: 2Dope15
Predicted on Rafters earlier today that Duke would be in with Purdue and it would be the weakest region.

It’s not that I’m some sort of guru but I would have bet $1000! on this.

The weakest 1 seed gets the weakest 2 seed. Every talking head picked the same elite 8. All picked Duke.

It was rigged for Duke to advance. They likely will. Who’s even a threat to them.? Certainly not UT or UK.

Which guys were on the show? Reason I say this:

Reece Davis's son is on the Duke Baseball team
Jay Bilas (obviously)
Spatola is Coach K's son in law
Wojo somehow got a job despite the fact his personality and TV skills are straight trash
Bilas, Davis, Vitale, heck I can't remember now. 2 others. One might have been Ellis.

Bilas, Davis, Vitale, heck I can't remember now. 2 others. One might have been Ellis.
I do understand their thinking. Duke got the weakest of the 1 and 4 seeds and they just have to win 2 games to get to MSG which will be a Duke home atmosphere.

My issue is that if they had Bucks, Celtics, 76ers, etc...in their path, many of the same people would still select them to win.

The slurpfest continues.
I was telling some friends something I noticed that I really think needs to be addressed by other programs. NBA TV had 2 shows on yesterday related to CBB.

Back to Back--The Story of the '91 and '92 Duke Blue Devils

A show dedicated to Coach K

Now most people don't watch this, but it's not on because it doesn't help Duke's program.

They have Adam Silver running the NBA. Grant Hill was gifted another job he has 0 business holding as head of USA Basketball in addition to his unnecessary and forced inclusion to the top team on CBS coverage of NCAA Basketball for 4 weeks. It's truly sickening the stranglehold they have over the sport of basketball. Not shocking the product isn't as good with them in leadership positions either.

Reactions: 2Dope15 and GGary
Purdue will take care of Duke, assuming Duke beats Oral Roberts. Not sure why Purdue doesn’t get more attention. I know they’re a #1 seed, but they seem to get discounted by many.

Purdue will take care of Duke, assuming Duke beats Oral Roberts. Not sure why Purdue doesn’t get more attention. I know they’re a #1 seed, but they seem to get discounted by many.
Their history. They are the Tennessee of the Big 10. Nothing more Purdue then being up 17 with 3 and change and clinging to a game by 1 pt with Boilermaker fans booing Painter for not having Edey in the game. If any team presses them, they will be in trouble (say that about all Big Ten teams too as we saw with PSU almost blowing IU game Sat). Their guards suck. They haven't played well the last month either.

Duke having played them earlier will help Duke not to mention some of you have no idea how much of a homecourt advantage MSG will be for Duke if they get to the East Regional.

Reactions: GGary and Mulder14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT