ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Mahaney to visit UK

That team went 16-17. Who the hell wanted any of those players. and you did lose players that year. 6 in all. 4 Seniors and 2 underclassmen. Are you really a uconn fan? Or just don't know your team?
UConn winning back-back titles is terrible for many reasons but the number one is there isn’t a more arrogant fanbase and area than the northeast. When they win they sure as hell let you know about it

We have won 6 titles under 3 different coaches. We will be ok. Kentucky on the other hand. 3 titles since the 3 point line and shot clock have been instituted into college basketball. Not good. 3 plays 6 on the roster? Not good. Kentucky was all Cal. Without cal, you're Vanderbilt.
You and the other 12 UConn fans are so delusional. You’ve won 6 under 3 coaches? That’s cute. Have you actually looked up Kentucky’s history?
We have won 6 titles under 3 different coaches. We will be ok. Kentucky on the other hand. 3 titles since the 3 point line and shot clock have been instituted into college basketball. Not good. 3 plays 6 on the roster? Not good. Kentucky was all Cal. Without cal, you're Vanderbilt.
Just you being here. Looking for validation of your little team shows your desperation to fit in. And by little I mean your 12 person fan base.

You’re not a blue blood. We have more titles, more wins, more coaches with a title, and a massively larger fan base. And just way more consistent history in general.

It’s ok to have little man syndrome. You’re riding a high off back to back titles. Looking for us to tell you that you’re good(it happens a lot, don’t worry about it) But you are not and never will be as good as The University of Kentucky. Plain and simple fella

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
CT is the 6th richest state in the country. Our deficit which was caused by leaving the aac and paying ollies buyout has gone down the last 2 years. But, a deficit in our athletic budget is different than being broke. Uconn isn't broke. Not even close. Our nil is also strong. Mcneeley is a lock. He asked for a very reasonable amount in order to play for the champs.. uconn doesnt have to get in a bidding war to get kids like Kentucky or Arkansas. These kids want to play for a winner and great coaching staff. Bra and mahaney are up next. Does Kentucky even have enough players to run a practice?
I think you will see that UConn is just not sustainable outside a major conference and no real football program

Well, for starters, if you going to go to another board and talk shit, at least have the facts about your own team straight.
Did you see his braintrust argument that because Connecticut is a rich state the atheltics program is rich and has alto of NIl, which isn’t true at all

I honestly like you guys are a bigger threat for brea than UConn is
I'm not sure. I think it depends on whether he demands to be a starter or not, because I don't think he would be. The guy we get info from, who is always out in front of the twitter people and supposed insiders, and is hardly ever wrong, told me we are going after one more guard and one more 5, but as backups, not major players.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I'm not sure. I think it depends on whether he demands to be a starter or not, because I don't think he would be. The guy we get info from, who is always out in front of the twitter people and supposed insiders, and is hardly ever wrong, told me we are going after one more guard and one more 5, but as backups, not major players.
Brea would definitely be a starter at Kentucky. I guess the backup PG thing is why you guys are going after hall from BYU

Mahaney has two years left doesn't he? Experienced on a high level and Pope knows him and what kind of a player he is.
Yeah, I actually just listened to Goodman on field of 68 rave about this kid. He said IU should have offered him the Omar Bello money because they have no shooting and he may be the best one in the portal. Dunno anything about him but I literally just turned that video off.

Not false, your football program literally loses the athletic department money. UConn can get players because of Hurley, if it’s a bidding war UConn cannot compete
So, NIL is no longer coming just from boosters and donors? Seems like I saw something about schools being able to pay directly now, but I'm not sure honestly.

So, you think schools are still not able to pay directly? For some reason I thought I saw something about that changing, but I'm probably confused about that.
His argument was because the state of Connecticut is rich that UConn has alot of money as an athletic department which isn’t true at all. They had to subsidize the athletic department, and the football program operates at 14 million deficit

His argument was because the state of Connecticut is rich that UConn has alot of money as an athletic department which isn’t true at all. They had to subsidize the athletic department, and the football program operates at 14 million deficit
Ok. Sorry to take you off on a tangent there. But I just looked into it a little, to try to answer my own question, and there was something. Virgina passed a law that takes effect July 1 which allows their schools to pay players directly and makes it illegal for the NCAA to punish the schools over it. Again, not what you guys were discussing; but I do wonder how this will affect things going forward.

Ok. Sorry to take you off on a tangent there. But I just looked into it a little, to try to answer my own question, and there was something. Virgina passed a law that takes effect July 1 which allows their schools to pay players directly and makes it illegal for the NCAA to punish the schools over it. Again, not what you guys were discussing; but I do wonder how this will affect things going forward.
Yeah it will sure impact things going foward, UConn’s problem is that no major conference wants them and they are in no man’s land

Reactions: G-PIP and Fox2monk
When that’s the only attribute they have yes
6ac41b696434311a936895a135e5b6a9.png

Be careful out there.

Reactions: Fox2monk
UConn signed a 4 star, Nowell who is a 6-0 guard that will be a sophomore? Mahaney would be behind him, right? They signed a swing forward, 6-7 Abraham, that was a four star and will be a sophomore. Same position as McNeeley and Brea. Are they willing to play behind those guys for a couple of years? Are those two guys still there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT