ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Mahaney to visit UK

Don’t know where he’ll go but kid is a baller. Was impressed with him at the Chipotle Nationals and then disappointed to hear he was going to Kansas.

Self literally "portal'd over" all of his incoming recruits. Not surprised some are bolting.

To be fair.. how the hell are you supposed to navigate this? I don't blame Kansas for taking a ton of transfer I guess.. but now you're losing freshman who you might have had for 2-3 years. I don't know if that's the best plan, but maybe it is?

I'm honestly not sure what I'd prefer at this point, and have even less of an idea of what recipe of transfers, freshman, experience and NBA talent will work.

Fair enough, with Williams, I think you can play him, Mahaney with a pg like small or smith or Davis can work out

By far the best coach in college seems to want him but he can’t play in the SEC?
The big east is not the SEC . Ok which one of our 3 guards could he guarded last year . His speed is horrible . Vertical is horrible . He needs to go to the big east or the Big10

Please. Uconn just lost Newton, clingan, Castle, Spencer, and probably karaban. They have enough money to get Liam, Brea, and mahaney.

Kentucky has 2 players on the roster. No one is going to commit without knowing who they are playing with. It's going to be a long year in Lexington 😂😂
UConn’s athletic department is in a hug deficit and can’t throw around NIL like other schools can. UConn’s selling point is Hurley, which will get them players

Reactions: Fox2monk
Lol. Man you're so out of the loop. I know you're looking for something to give yourself hope. But man you're so misinformed.
Your football program operated at 14 million dollar deficit in 2023, how am I out of the loop, it’s public information for everybody to look at. You all aren’t getting brea, Mahaney, mckneely and Shulga. You are getting mckneely the others are gonna be hard to get for you all

Reactions: AJG-15
I watched uconn destroy Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky and whoever else in your little football conference. Thinking mahaney can't play in the sec is like saying Cam Spencer can't play in the sec. What does being athletic have to do with winning? Maybe that's why Kentucky doesn't win.
Due to the coach . I’m sure Hurley is looking at him as the 12-13th man . If he’s our 12th man it’s a great get . If that dude starts here next year it’s a last place conference finish . He’s a piece that’s all . Look up his ncaa game this year wow he’s still missing open 3s

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
If its PG...... then D. Smith or J. Small all day because you need more athleticism to guard the opposing leader/playmaker

If its SG then honest to God, I'd rather just have Saunders start at SG because the FG% is better , 3pt% is better.. better at rebounding and more athletic/faster and proved he can guard Big 12 guards.

If its PG...... then D. Smith or J. Small all day because you need more athleticism to guard the opposing leader/playmaker

If its SG then honest to God, I'd rather just have Saunders start at SG because the FG% is better , 3pt% is better.. better at rebounding and more athletic/faster and proved he can guard Big 12 guards.
Mahaney isn't a PG. He's off the ball.

I'm a big fan of Smith from Utah myself. Would love to see him end up a Cat.

Lol. Man you're so out of the loop. I know you're looking for something to give yourself hope. But man you're so misinformed.
UCONN subsidizes their athletics programs because they aren’t profitable, it’s a fact. About 30 million a year. They have competed in basketball and done great but if conference realignment happens they will be left out. They can’t compete $ wise no matter what you think.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
CT is the 6th richest state in the country. Our deficit which was caused by leaving the aac and paying ollies buyout has gone down the last 2 years. But, a deficit in our athletic budget is different than being broke. Uconn isn't broke. Not even close. Our nil is also strong. Mcneeley is a lock. He asked for a very reasonable amount in order to play for the champs.. uconn doesnt have to get in a bidding war to get kids like Kentucky or Arkansas. These kids want to play for a winner and great coaching staff. Bra and mahaney are up next. Does Kentucky even have enough players to run a practice?
Your state being rich doesn’t equate to your athletic program having money. Mckneely is a lock to you guys, but brea and Mahaney are not. Hurley is your selling point, always has been, and it’s a good one, but if your NIL is so good how much is UConn working with then

Because it was the aac. No one cares about the aac and Kevin Ollie was terrible. Kentucky is in the sec and only has 2 players. So I wouldn't talk about finding players until you have enough players to take the court. It's over for Kentucky. It's going to be a long year in Lexington 😂 😂
We have also had a coach for 8 days so yes it’s hard to get a roster in that short time

Enough to get mcneeley, Brea, and mahaney. Back to back champs. The Nil donations are just rolling in. But like I said. Kentucky needs to pay in order to get players. Uconn doesn't. How many players does Kentucky currently have on its roster? All that nil money and no one wants to play there. Lol. Cal ain't walking through that door
He has been coach for 8 days and hasn’t had a staff, Hurley has been there what 6-7 years of course he is gonna be in a better position. And you guys aren’t even the favorites for Mahaney or brea.

Because it was the aac. No one cares about the aac and Kevin Ollie was terrible. Kentucky is in the sec and only has 2 players. So I wouldn't talk about finding players until you have enough players to take the court. It's over for Kentucky. It's going to be a long year in Lexington 😂 😂
Well bless your heart. You’ve won some titles recently but make no mistake, you will never be on Kentucky’s level. When your coach leaves for the NBA in a couple years, get back to us. And yes, he will be leaving 😉

Reactions: ib4ky
He has been on the job 8 days and lost 10 players? Who does that? When Hurley took over we didn't lose one player.
He lost 2 nba draft picks, 2 seniors with no eligibility, and a bunch of freshman who were never staying here. And Louisville did it, Arkansas did it, usc lost a lot, Duke lost a lot of players, Arizona has lost alot of players, that the NIl game now

We have won 6 titles under 3 different coaches. We will be ok. Kentucky on the other hand. 3 titles since the 3 point line and shot clock have been instituted into college basketball. Not good. 3 plays 6 on the roster? Not good. Kentucky was all Cal. Without cal, you're Vanderbilt.
Without cal we’re still the 2nd best basketball program of all time

We have won 6 titles under 3 different coaches. We will be ok. Kentucky on the other hand. 3 titles since the 3 point line and shot clock have been instituted into college basketball. Not good. 3 plays 6 on the roster? Not good. Kentucky was all Cal. Without cal, you're Vanderbilt.
Are you low IQ? We’ve been to more final fours than you have since the three point line was introduced and arguably better overall tournament performances. UCONN either shits the bed entirely or wins the title. Which by the way, you shit the bed far more often.

You remind me of a fan that doesn’t know how to handle success. You cherry pick your stats and run with bullshit. Btw, I enjoyed your championship celebration. Can you please share the photo of the crowd again? Please!? You do not understand it yet, but that my friend, is a perfect example of the status of your program. UNC, Duke, Kansas, UK, would be embarrassed at the lack of support shown after a championship. Pathetic.

Enjoy your ride, it will not always be the way it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT