ADVERTISEMENT

Ah, Quaintance

I’ve been replying to all kinda Arkansas fans on YouTube videos about recruiting and stuff. I keep trying to tell them how it’s gonna go down but they have five star fever and think they are totally relevant now. I’m like here is how this will play out… Cal won’t even make it 5 years IMO have you seen how old and tired he looks? If they don’t win big he won’t wanna go on.
Can't talk sense into them. Just have to let it play out and let them see for themselves.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If you're only spending a year in college, Arizona State is a pretty fun school to attend. 🤣

They're known for having a litany of attractive people who I'm sure enjoy athletes.

Cal really screwed us. Not surprised, after what he did to Memphis.
It's only fitting since he took Memphis' recruiting class to Kentucky.

And yeah, he didn't leave a single player of his at Kentucky. Unlike Tubby or Billy, we literally lost the entire team after Cal's exit. Granted, the transfer portal makes that a much easier path to navigate as opposed to the old days of having to wait on a recruiting class to develop.

I'm still grateful for his exit. Saved this place $33M and an entire year of animosity between the fans and a coach who both were done with each other.

If you're only spending a year in college, Arizona State is a pretty fun school to attend. 🤣

They're known for having a litany of attractive people who I'm sure enjoy athletes.
I have lived in the Phoenix area for many years and Tempe is a great place to live if you are a young person/athlete is you have a little $$

He looks 50 years old. Shades of Greg Oden.

No Way Wow GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I heard this is snippet of his mom and dad. Not sure if real or not, though.

Can't talk sense into them. Just have to let it play out and let them see for themselves.
I honestly can’t wait, I told them that 3-5 years from now if they even remember this conversation to @ me then and let’s talk about how things went, and let’s see if my predictions hold up. I laid out what Cal does, who he recruits, how he plays, and all his flaws. What they will get hyped about and what losses to look forward too and provided them with 10 years of evidence. Apparently I’m just a “hater” and have no idea what he will do because they have such huge boosters!

Reactions: RunninRichie
While I'm bummed we couldn't hold on to him, I'm laughing inside knowing that Louisville didn't get him.

Reactions: K_TIME
If he is average or bad as a freshman they'll get to have him as a sophomore; if he's good he'll be in the portal next year.

and you think that will cease because Cal is gone?
I think kids will want their aspirations for NIL and NBA for sure....but the percentage of delusional kids that come here and do give below average to average performance....then off to NBA will lessen.

Why Cal brought in Livingston...who we all knew was an out the door kid, then played him at the wing, he lacked skills for wing and then off to NBA. So what is the point of kids like that? I think those instances will be less and less under Pope.

Reactions: dckala2
Cal really screwed us. Not surprised, after what he did to Memphis.
How is it that Calipari purportedly screwed UK by going to Arkansas? It appeared to me that, with the possible exception of Big Z, everyone from last season's roster who saw any significant playing time was leaving regardless of whether Calipari stayed in Lexington or not. Calipari's incoming recruits were the same as his previous years of players-first-program recruits - dudes who were coming to Lexington intent on showcasing their potential for one season and then bolting in the spring for either the pro's or for another program. I'm thrilled that Calipari and his minions are gone. I don't see how it screws UK.

Last edited:
a few folks on twitter are saying in addition to money he wanted guaranteed PT

UL told him given the roster it was a no brainer but they wouldn't commit.

ugh, all I can think about when I read that is Calipari's stupid player rotations

Reactions: Bogansback2Basil
He would be just turned 17 next year basically a HS. Senior. I wouldn't say no but I rather have the 3 bigs we got or will have.

Reactions: sambowieshin
I think he's going to be very good so I'm happy he didn't got to a school that i hate.
It doesn't matter where he went for this year. He will be out there after next season looking for the highest bidder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT