ADVERTISEMENT

After watching Cal-Mitch last night, I just don't think they get how angry, pissed-off,hurt and ashamed the fan base is right now...

If people give up their seats at Rupp, someone else will happily grab them as it's a chance for them to take their young son or young daugther to an event, etc. There are thousands and thousands of people that just aren't going to quit.

I'm right there with you with being frustrated, but at some point you have to understand that you are trying to push a boulder up a muddy mountain. For your health, just walk away or take a break.

Kentucky basketball will ALWAYS roll on and hopefully sooner than later it will be without Cal.

If people give up their seats at Rupp, someone else will happily grab them as it's a chance for them to take their young son or young daugther to an event, etc. There are thousands and thousands of people that just aren't going to quit.

I'm right there with you with being frustrated, but at some point you have to understand that you are trying to push a boulder up a muddy mountain. For your health, just walk away or take a break.

Kentucky basketball will ALWAYS roll on and hopefully sooner than later it will be without Cal.

* I'll now get called a Cal sucker, dangler and other childish stuff.
Cal sucker

Btw...Your post is dead on balls accurate. Unfortunately.

Reactions: bIhawk and NociHTTP
Instead of fixing this mess, Mitch has doubled down on it and applied multiple band-aids. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. No awkward interview will change that. Four years is enough struggle and yet here we are at year five. I hope for their sakes, this upcoming season has different results but I have severe reservations that it will.

I know you are right but the whole mess is sickening right now.

Cal and Pitino are cut from the same cloth, they speak in hyperbole so much it's hard to distinguish what is heartfelt and sincere vs hyperbole. What I heard last night was no different. The one thing Cal continues to harp on that I am blown away by, and frankly very surprised in Mitch for not squashing, is that they need to get older. He started two seniors, a junior and two freshmen. And by all accounts knew we would have been better off if the two other freshmen coming off the bench would have started over at least one of the other freshman. Point being, we had some senior leadership on the team. We had an ex pro from Europe on the team and it still didn't matter. It will be interesting to see what exactly he does do in the portal and early next season that will be different because at this point I don't see a different path, and therefore a different result if he just fills a couple of spots with transfers. Time will tell.

I agree on Rupp, but I’ll be curious on the neutral site games. I saw we’re 0-4 in the last champions classics games, and we know how the SECT has gone lately. I wonder if those who spend the big bucks to travel around will still do it. I was considering trying to hit the Zaga game in Seattle, but I think I’ll save that for something else.

Cal and Pitino are cut from the same cloth, they speak in hyperbole so much it's hard to distinguish what is heartfelt and sincere vs hyperbole. What I heard last night was no different. The one thing Cal continues to harp on that I am blown away by, and frankly very surprised in Mitch for not squashing, is that they need to get older. He started two seniors, a junior and two freshmen. And by all accounts knew we would have been better off if the two other freshmen coming off the bench would have started over at least one of the other freshman. Point being, we had some senior leadership on the team. We had an ex pro from Europe on the team and it still didn't matter. It will be interesting to see what exactly he does do in the portal and early next season that will be different because at this point I don't see a different path, and therefore a different result if he just fills a couple of spots with transfers. Time will tell.
He keeps saying we need to get older and yet he has signed SIX freshman for next season.

Point blank, they do not care how the average fan feels.

Cal talks in circles and Barney deflects. They don’t have to answer to us and so we get the middle finger. Which is- lets do this interview and fool all of the idiots (bc thats what they think of us) so things will calm down and people slowly forget.

The part about needing to get older is correct. We started two seniors but we still played six freshmen and two sophomores. None of the teams advancing in 2024 are doing that. What he should be pressed on is how he intends to get older when we already know half the roster will be freshmen next year.

I'm not sure i agree , people are living on credit cards , economy is trash , I bet there are more empty seats in Rupp than we have ever seen . Including the 9-16 CAL disaster . And I dont think Kentucky basketball just rolls along. Next year will be a disaster . And thats 5-6 years of nothing but disappointments . Thats gonna leave a mark .

I was just amazed Mitch was dumb enough/arrogant enough to say COVID impacted UK more than other programs because UK faces different challenges than other programs. He said he was amazed that people didn’t understand that.

Talk about a tone deaf ignorant ass comment. Mitch did everything but bend the knee and kiss Cal’s ring yesterday.

I didn't watch it but if their attitudes are like all y'all are saying then BBN might give them our version of January 6 if things aren't any better next year.

The part about needing to get older is correct. We started two seniors but we still played six freshmen and two sophomores. None of the teams advancing in 2024 are doing that. What he should be pressed on is how he intends to get older when we already know half the roster will be freshmen next year.
Restated, I highly doubt he gets "older" than we have been the last couple of years with talent that plays over top of his high profile recruits. I don't see it happening.

Exactly. Cal has failed with multiple roster and experience mixes. It ain’t the players, it’s the coach who doesn’t know how to maximize his roster in terms of lineups, game prep, and in game adjustments.

Exactly. Cal has failed with multiple roster and experience mixes. It ain’t the players, it’s the coach who doesn’t know how to maximize his roster in terms of lineups, game prep, and in game adjustments.
Simplest exercise: if you flipped rosters with Kentucky and Oakland but coaches remained at their current schools, who would win the game? The answer is Oakland but an absolute shit ton. Jack whatever his name is wouldn’t even see the floor. Meanwhile Reeves, Reed, and Dilly would have combined for 70 points

Acting like fans are lined up to buy season tickets isn’t true. That place isn’t full 1/2 the time now.
Just because people don't go doesn't mean they still didn't buy their season tickets. I'm not a season ticket holder, just go to one or two games a year, but isn't it pretty difficult to get season tickets, especially good ones? And if you give them up I doubt you can just immediately get them again next year. For that reason I'd expect the vast majority of people to hold onto their season tickets just so they can still have them again once Cal's gone.

Reactions: bradyjames
I’m not a fan of what Pitino did as a human but please do me a favor don’t put Pitino in the same sentence as Cal. Pitino deserves better than that he didn’t do near the damage Cal has done to this program. Pitino came when we were on probation rose us to a beast of a program and left this program in the best any recent coach has left it in when he left. Pitino at least gave a $hit when he left….

I’m not a fan of what Pitino did as a human but please do me a favor don’t put Pitino in the same sentence as Cal. Pitino deserves better than that he didn’t do near the damage Cal has done to this program. Pitino came when we were on probation rose us to a beast of a program and left this program in the best any recent coach has left it in when he left. Pitino at least gave a $hit when he left….
The only connection I raised about Pitino is the way they communicate. I see not further connections including coaching acumen. I was in college during Pitino’s run so believe me, I am well aware of what was UK basketball as well as what could have been had he not gotten greedy.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm not sure i agree , people are living on credit cards , economy is trash , I bet there are more empty seats in Rupp than we have ever seen . Including the 9-16 CAL disaster . And I dont think Kentucky basketball just rolls along. Next year will be a disaster . And thats 5-6 years of nothing but disappointments . Thats gonna leave a mark .
If people aren't in the stands next year it will have everything to do with the product on the court and nothing to do with the economy.
Go visit downtown Lexington, Nashville or Louisville on any Saturday night and take a gander at all the busy restaurants, bars and hotels. Plenty of money $$$$ flowing out there.

If people aren't in the stands next year it will have everything to do with the product on the court and nothing to do with the economy.
Go visit downtown Lexington, Nashville or Louisville on any Saturday night and take a gander at all the busy restaurants, bars and hotels. Plenty of money $$$$ flowing out there.
Prolly mostly college students running up credit cards since they expect the debt to be forgiven…..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT