ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero Enters NBA Draft

I get it. But there's just no way he's getting drafted unless something opens up for a team I the 45th to 60th picks, where they say "ok we got who we wanted in the 1st, now we can play around in the 2nd".. that's literally his only hope.

He's going to be coming back to college, or maybe he's fine going undrafted and then going overseas for a bit.

But another year in college and he can prove to be a worthwhile 3 and D guy. His 3pt dropped a bit but overall his shooting percentages improved.

He said after talking to Coach Cal he decided to enter the draft and portal .

Maybe there is some hope he returns
I think whether Cal releases a statement soon about Adou could be telling. If he doesn’t, then I would venture he’s gone through the portal. If he does, praising Adou and how gathering this feedback will be great for Adou, then I start to think he might actually come back.

He said after talking to Coach Cal he decided to enter the draft and keep his options open with Uk as a possible return .

Maybe there is some hope he returns since he worded it like that
The issue is that this rarely happens elsewhere. Cal is patient while our guys make their decisions, but then it costs us in the portal. We got lucky last year when Reeves returned and we added Mitchell in the summer. We would have been an NIT without them.

If he transferred to another school he would be a 14ppg 7reb a game guy with 30 minutes a game. Hope he comes back and averages 10 and 6 with us at 25 minutes per game

NBA becoming so watered down. I have not watched 1 game this year and will not. Maybe some of walk-ons should test the waters as well.

Reactions: KFuqua
Maybe I need to start looking into other programs more.... we have the most fringe NBA prospects every year testing the waters...

What they need to be doing is hitting the gym and coming back for year 2 and year 3

He said after talking to Coach Cal he decided to enter the draft and keep his options open with Uk as a possible return .

Maybe there is some hope he returns since he worded it like that

My guess is if it's not the NBA (which really seems unlikely) then he returns.

The problem here, is that we can't wait for him to figure this out for the next few months. He needs to get some real feedback soon about his draft stock.

Idk, if I was Cal, I'd be honest with him, say he's unlikely to get drafted, but promise him a starting spot next year. I don't care how his offense is, you can always use a rebounder and a defender. I'll ride with Adou at the 3 regardless of who is in the portal, and who might decommit.

I don't fault any kid for getting NBA feedback and going through that process. But, I don't see anyway he stays in the draft.

I assume he'll be back in college. As other's have posted here, transferring out of Kentucky makes no sense at all ...unless it's a financial decision and our NIL situation is totally messed up, as the rumors say.

I think Thiero starts and plays a ton of min somewhere in college next year. Kentucky def needs what he will bring. You HAVE to prioritize getting him back and getting him that money. IMO, it's a must.

The problem here, is that we can't wait for him to figure this out for the next few months. He needs to get some real feedback soon about his draft stock.

Idk, if I was Cal, I'd be honest with him, say he's unlikely to get drafted, but promise him a starting spot next year. I don't care how his offense is, you can always use a rebounder and a defender. I'll ride with Adou at the 3 regardless of who is in the portal, and who might decommit.
Same. Seems like he has the ability to get better at shooting but if he just becomes meaner during the offseason, I want him starting.

I don’t blame him. Go get some feedback and come back to school. If he keeps developing he will have a good chance to play in the NBA one day. His size and athletic ability is very good.

Reactions: Fox2monk and FltDoc
I know everyone is rightfully pissed off, but this seems pretty ordinary. You declare so you can get direct feedback, right? To me this is a more positive outcome than straight portal/NIL shopping.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
I'm so tired of hearing about the NBA. Especially when it involves one our kids that's not on any NBA teams radar. You have accomplished absolutely nothing here, you scored 7ppg, and you were hurt half the season.
This either announce you are transferring or that you are coming back. The NBA is not an option at this point for that kid. That doesn't mean he can't get to the NBA in 2 or 3 years but he isn't going now and the scouts will just laugh at him and tell him son you need to stay in school.

I get it. But there's just no way he's getting drafted unless something opens up for a team I the 45th to 60th picks, where they say "ok we got who we wanted in the 1st, now we can play around in the 2nd".. that's literally his only hope.

He's going to be coming back to college, or maybe he's fine going undrafted and then going overseas for a bit.

But another year in college and he can prove to be a worthwhile 3 and D guy. His 3pt dropped a bit but overall his shooting percentages improved.
He will get drafted he just wasn't utilized properly by our dumb head coach and he was made out to be only a finisher/garbage guy but overall he never got the respect he deserved. His leaping ability and coordination will take him along way.

Don’t think his decision affects the portal. Pretty sure Cal knows he’ll be back

It's just a face-saving move to back-track out of entering the portal and a chance to get some NBA feedback.

He's coming back to Kentucky. Nobody has to "wait months on a decision" He and Calipari know what the decision is. It's a good thing.
That's certainly way more feasible than what was suggested, that AT entering the portal was a Cal-diabolical plan to "save the program" and recruit Thiero back to UK.

Yes he needs the feedback...and we NEED him back!

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Maybe this is somehow connected to the rumored halftime locker room scuffle during the Oakland game?

Only speculating.... but if I was the player Theiro was and only got limited minutes during one of the biggest games of the year....

And Kal trots out Mitchell who hasn't played well up to that point..

Hmmmm....

Reactions: Fox2monk and rob_47
Adou will get an nba combine invite and show what he is capable of being. Cal has lost all his ability to evaluate talent and utilize them properly. I would have had Adou starting his freshman year over Livingston. He does a lot of things well.

Reactions: FltDoc
No thread would be complete without the reminder that Cal sucks.

It should be in every thread from now to eternity.

That's certainly way more feasible than what was suggested, that AT entering the portal was a Cal-diabolical plan to "save the program" and recruit Thiero back to UK.

Yes he needs the feedback...and we NEED him back!
lol, that's almost as bad as the "Cal recruited Z knowing he'd never play here but made it look like he was trying to get a big man" gibberish that was floated. smh

Promise him a starting spot?

Play him at the 3 even though he’s better at the 4?

Looks like a recipe for success.

Promise him a starting spot?

Play him at the 3 even though he’s better at the 4?

Looks like a recipe for success.
Or the 4. But we have likely several bigs next year.

As for the promise, we have to retain some of these guys.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT