ADVERTISEMENT

Adou is entering the portal

Hope he comes back but definitely has to work on his offensive game and learn to stop slipping and sliding all over the court. The guy played at times like he was on skates. Love his motor.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Not a single player is coming back. I thought Thiero was a safe bet to return.
It’s going to really suck when Wagner realizes no one will even take him in the second round and he returns. The one guy we absolutely can live without will be back. This is worst case scenario stuff playing out.

Fland
Wagner
Knox
Quiantance
A Big

Going from being a great shooting team to having one guy who can shoot in the starting 5.

Makes sense for both sides IMO. He should think he’s a 30+ MPG very solid NIL player. I don’t think he’s that and don’t think Cal does either.

Also fine if he returns as a high usage bench 4.
You’re an idiot. Watch the Kansas game again where he played 30 minutes. If the kid got Tre’s minutes all year, he’d be heading to the league now and not the transfer portal. And we’d still be playing.

It’s going to really suck when Wagner realizes no one will even take him in the second round and he returns. The one guy we absolutely can live without will be back. This is worst case scenario stuff playing out.

Fland
Wagner
Knox
Quiantance
A Big

Going from being a great shooting team to having one guy who can shoot in the starting 5.
This. Any excitement I had for next year hinged on Reed, Adou and Z coming back. Didn’t care if the others left. Reed and Z can shoot, which noone on the roster next year can do. Adou was my favorite player on the team and should’ve been the 4 all year. Duke is going to embarrass us at the champions classic again.

next will be Reed is gone, DJ gone, JE gone, Bradshaw will transfer. Wouldn’t be the least surprising
We will probably get stuck with the last three listed there and Reed will go. That's just great!😡 If those three come back, nothing will change, cause Cal showed favoritism and they were the three favorites. So he will do it again.

I’ve been trying to joke around a lot but I’m sad right now. It’s embarrassing what kind of shape our program is in
It really is man. I don’t expect anyone from this team to come back. Same old same old. The fact remains that you won’t be successful with a brand new team every year. Not happening.

It really is man. I don’t expect anyone from this team to come back. Same old same old. The fact remains that you won’t be successful with a brand new team every year. Not happening.
I’m definitely sticking to my word and not watching next season. You all will have to keep me updated on how it goes. I care to much for the program to watch cal and Mitch destroy it

Such a damn joke. So much for all of that talk about 'getting older' and looking at players already here to do so. Anyone who really believed that BS, I have some swamp land for sale you might be interested in. Really hope somehow he can be convinced to return. Having experience in the program for 3 years like Thiero would have been huge for another young team than learning alongside any older transfers that could come in who will be adjusting to CCC like the freshmen will.

Reactions: Cut-Nets-7
Jerked him around all season and then started Mitchell out of nowhere against Oakland, further slapping him in the face. wow just wow.
At this point I kind of just hope Calipari stays around till the end of his contract. Why not? We are ****ed regardless. When he finally retires I hope he’s looked at at a complete joke and a failure. His ego needs to be run over by a tank.

I’m definitely sticking to my word and not watching next season. You all will have to keep me updated on how it goes. I care to much for the program to watch cal and Mitch destroy it
I’ll for sure watch but it will be like this year. Check out early games. When the CC comes on I’ll tape it and check the forums. I’m sure the delete recording button will get a workout. I totally get why some people will check out totally though. I just get too curious. If it’s horrible then I get to watch Cal squirm and the pressure mount.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
I've heard there was bigtime drama with his dad.
I don’t know why, the whole reason he’s here because Cal knew his dad? He also was a kid that had a plan and was in no rush. No that sentiment could change considering that he earned his spot and still didn’t get PT late so who knows. That would be par for the course because Cal seems to make everyone hate him now.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Cal said he could be the NPOY eventually.
If he developed a tighter handle and a consistent jumper he could be a first round pick for sure. He’s got the frame, the attitude, on court work ethic, and athleticism to be a pro one day. He has every tool outside shooting that the NBA coverts. He could be a small ball 4 that rebounds and can switch to guard multiple types of players.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
This is pretty much the way basketball is everywhere. I don’t know of many 3-4 yr players at ONE school that actually contribute.

Again, my bigger concern is our NIL. I’m sure Thiero is making a play for more $, and with it, quality minutes.

NO ONE should leave UK because of NIL! We should lead the country with endorsement opportunities AND basketball collective money. If a player then decides to leave because they want more PT then more power to them. I really like how Thiero has progressed (Cal probably deserves credit for it). He’s a consistent jump shot away from being a beast!

Basketball NIL needs fixed! I have no clue who runs the football NIL, but it is light years ahead of basketball!

The good news is that I think it can be quickly fixed with the right person running it. Sadly, I’m losing confidence by the day that they’ll fix it.
Bacot has been at UNC since I had hair.

Cal is playing Chess while everyone else is playing checkers.
Maybe, but if everyone else is playing checkers, the it’s probably a game of checkers. The rules of chess are pretty useless in a game of checkers.
I guess what I’m saying is that it does seem that you are correct in that Cal doesn’t really know what the game is.
He’s playing let’s get as many guys to the NBA as possible, and everyone else is playing let’s win championships.

Yes, and I think he is a 3 yr starter.

The NBA doesn’t seem interested in big men that can’t shoot. All the while, he’s starting and breaking records at a blue blood so no need to transfer.

He is certainly a college unicorn.
We had a slightly better version of him here and Cal only managed 2 single postseason wins in 2 years with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT