ADVERTISEMENT

Adou is entering the portal

Any player returning in NCAA basketball should be considered a free agent. To hell with the portal, contact the best players in the NCAA who aren't going pro.

You can thank Cal for this one too. He gave Edwards most of the minutes that Adou deserved this year. And he's no dummy....7 freshmen coming in next year. Who's to say it won't happen again? Cal's system of putting his most talented freshmen on the floor the most, then pushing them to the league is beyond broken.

The combination NIL money and ending transfer restrictions is making a mockery of the entire sport.

Everyone’s a free agent for sale every year now. What a mess.
Everybody was leaving UK after a year long before any of that stuff started. Leaving after a year or 2 at most IS Cals model, has been since he got here with one notable exception. Why is ANYBODY surprised about this,this IS UK basketball now.

Wow. I thought this was our 1 gimmie. I figured he was all in on Kentucky and he's an important piece.

I mean I can't blame him. How cam you trust Cal at this point? He only played Adou 7 freakin mins against Oakland which made zero sense.

And so the shit show of next year has begun about as badly as it could.
Paramount Network John GIF by Yellowstone

Oh My God Omg GIF by Instacart

• Haha
Reactions: sambowieshin
Was really hoping he would have stayed. Hate this damn portal.
KSR Sources Say show was thinking he was the most important one to keep besides Reed.

Didn’t Reeves enter the portal last offseason?

Didn’t Adou’s dad play for Cal?

Not sure can assume he’s gone. Hope he gets a good deal and returns.

Meh.

Who needs a physical guy who'd be going in to his 3rd year that got 7.2pts per game despite nothing ever being run for him.

No no no. Not a player In The country I’d rather have next season playing for Kentucky than Adou. The kid plays with every ounce of energy he has while he’s in the game and should’ve gotten way more minutes this past season. I honestly believe he can be one of the best players in all of college basketball next season. Damn. Come on back buddy, we need you here.

Everybody was leaving UK after a year long before any of that stuff started. Leaving after a year or 2 at most IS Cals model, has been since he got here with one notable exception. Why is ANYBODY surprised about this,this IS UK basketball now.
This is pretty much the way basketball is everywhere. I don’t know of many 3-4 yr players at ONE school that actually contribute.

Again, my bigger concern is our NIL. I’m sure Thiero is making a play for more $, and with it, quality minutes.

NO ONE should leave UK because of NIL! We should lead the country with endorsement opportunities AND basketball collective money. If a player then decides to leave because they want more PT then more power to them. I really like how Thiero has progressed (Cal probably deserves credit for it). He’s a consistent jump shot away from being a beast!

Basketball NIL needs fixed! I have no clue who runs the football NIL, but it is light years ahead of basketball!

The good news is that I think it can be quickly fixed with the right person running it. Sadly, I’m losing confidence by the day that they’ll fix it.

Soon they will take the names of the schools off the jerseys and just call the team the city that the school is in. The NIL is ruining the game we all love. When the money started flowing, we lost the integrity of the game. The changes are just starting and things are only going to get worse with bidding wars transfers dominating the landscape of college basketball.

Reactions: JASUN74 and UKortho
I don't get this one. Why would a guy who played that many minutes want to leave? And his dad played for Calipari. Literally no one is safe in the system.
That many minutes? He outperformed other guys at his position for two consecutive years. Vastly better than Livingston and Edwards. Then he plays less than ten minutes while we flame out in the first round against Oakland, while Tre Mitchell plays 31 minutes.

This isn’t surprising at all. Adou Thiero earned minutes, but they were given to other dudes. Adou will play 30mpg somewhere else and be a first round pick next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT