ADVERTISEMENT

Adou is entering the portal

I feel like you're implying that the situation here has not caused this. It's obvious after 15 years that guys like this transfer because they're not getting an even hand. The bigger the prospect the more rope and opportunity you get. Even if you outplay the guy in front of you, it doesn't matter.
It has become common for people to treat speculations as facts. The motives are cloudy? Make one up! The data is incomplete? Make some up! But above all: get furious about it.

Reactions: gojvc
Really hope Barney was just buyin himself a year to find a replacement

I think that's all this is. We just couldn't make the move now.

In a way, it wouldn't be the WORST thing if everyone bailed on UK. It would just make Cal look that much worse, and he'd just take punch after punch all season long, and would be gone before SEC play even ends (as we'd be out of the tournament at that point).

Reactions: delk4three
Thiero, whose dad played under Calipari and should have been an integral part of Cal’s “tougher” team next season, already gone. If a guy with that background and potential future is bailing already, look out. They just began player meetings today. It’s not out of the question that we lose the entire team, seriously. At first I would have laughed off that possibility, but I’d almost wager it’s more likely we lose the whole bunch than have a returnee. Total dumpster fire.
I haven't checked, but when did Adou actually enter the portal? And when was his meeting with Cal and staff?

I think that's all this is. We just couldn't make the move now.

In a way, it wouldn't be the WORST thing if everyone bailed on UK. It would just make Cal look that much worse, and he'd just take punch after punch all season long, and would be gone before SEC play even ends (as we'd be out of the tournament at that point).
Barney is getting old (he LOOKS old anyway), and strikes me as the type to buddy up with you until it's time for you to be unemployed. That's what I gathered from the interview. Cal was trying to assert himself, but Mitch had already set the cadence.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Well, that's not saying much. I think he's replaceable but that's just my opinion
Just think about on a job. They can let you go or if you quit, there is always going to be a replacement They always have a temporary service that can send them a replacement! Lol

Reactions: NociHTTP
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the shitshow that's Kentucky basketball

Black And White Oops GIF by Buyout Footage

Somebody said Thiero jumped in the transfer portal, any truth to this ? I can't find any info on it ? If only Rafters could let us know. Somebody maybe start a thread about it.

or 10.

I was told this by someone who deals with him through X. But it is the same basic stuff people say when anyone has an injury now…..they’re not really hurt, they’re going to shut it down, etc. 10 years ago I didn’t believe the social media/message board stuff had much if any impact on the thinking of players and their families. But that is a world that no longer exists. They see this stuff now and they are engaged with it. And, unfortunately, we have too many fans that are just WAY over the top with their criticism.

Sucks to hear that, whether they were real fans or not.

It always did. Impacts the families more sometimes. I left the message boards for years because of how I thought things were turning and would turn.

I don't do twitter because of the bot and shell accounts. It's all BS and you can't tell if what's on the other end is really a fan or even a person. It's not a healthy space for young adults and their families.

I know this. He was playing very hard in the SEC tourney game at the start. Was going after everything. And then he seemed to not be in the game much later.

I was told this by someone who deals with him through X. But it is the same basic stuff people say when anyone has an injury now…..they’re not really hurt, they’re going to shut it down, etc. 10 years ago I didn’t believe the social media/message board stuff had much if any impact on the thinking of players and their families. But that is a world that no longer exists. They see this stuff now and they are engaged with it. And, unfortunately, we have too many fans that are just WAY over the top with their criticism.
I would never go head to head with a player in a insulting way , I dont necessarily enjoy doing it here in the manner I do , But dogging a injured Cat that plays like Adou did ? shame on them

Ps havent seen you post much , glad you are around

• Love
Reactions: gojvc
I don't get this one. Why would a guy who played that many minutes want to leave? And his dad played for Calipari. Literally no one is safe in the system.
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel that Thiero was an afterthought in Cal’s system. He was not a 5-star recruit so the spotlight was never on him. He can go somewhere else and flourish. I hate it, but I don’t blame him.

I hate to see this but after Cal only played him 7 minutes against Oakland you can't blame him.
Hate to see Adou go in the portal, I think he is trying to gauge his worth on the open market. The 7 minutes aren't a factor, as he hurt his shoulder before the 12:00 timeout in the 1st half. I wouldn't say goodbye to Adou quite yet.

Hey, Cal and Mitch are working on it. :rolleyes:
I really don't have a dog in this fight other than wanting what is best for UK.

However, I will give Mitch credit because it appears that UK Football NIL is going like gangbusters and operating like a fine oiled machine.

On the other hand, it appears the Keystone Cops are running the Basketball NIL.

I'm hoping (but losing confidence) part of the Mitch and Cal's meeting included competent people running the basketball NIL.

Whoever dreamed in their lifetime that $ for UK football would be ran better than $ for basketball! I'm not pitting basketball -vs- football. I'm a fan of both. However, there seems to be lots of evidence that basketball NIL has been a disaster the last two years!

It sucks but usually players who transfer don't do well. so hopefully he comes back. Besides Juzang, Charles Matthews, and Hopkins out of all the people who transferred from here haven't really bettered themselves. I mean I guess you can say Keion Brooks did too but look at Washington's team last year. I mean I wanted Cal gone but we can expect players to leave and maybe players to use this to get more money from NIL like coaches do.

It has become common for people to treat speculations as facts. The motives are cloudy? Make one up! The data is incomplete? Make some up! But above all: get furious about it.
I don’t disagree with any of that. However, we have 15 years of history with Cal. Obviously we don’t know what’s happened but at this point it’s an educated guess. We can all use our eyes and see what’s happened and why guys would be frustrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT