ADVERTISEMENT

Adou is entering the portal

He didn't want to be at Kentucky. Until he says otherwise nobody on this board knows anything else. Maybe he only came here to please his dad. Maybe he was bored. Whatever.

Making stuff up doesn't make it so.

Thiero, whose dad played under Calipari and should have been an integral part of Cal’s “tougher” team next season, already gone. If a guy with that background and potential future is bailing already, look out. They just began player meetings today. It’s not out of the question that we lose the entire team, seriously. At first I would have laughed off that possibility, but I’d almost wager it’s more likely we lose the whole bunch than have a returnee. Total dumpster fire.

Reactions: Girthang
Would love Adou back , but it’s not like he is irreplaceable in the transfer portal. Tough guys that averaged seven or eight last year are going to be out there. It’s interesting some services list him as a guard, so maybe that’s why he wants to play somewhere else . The guy simply is not a two, he’s more like a four. If he could get good at a 2 , NBA would salivate, tho .
But he knows Cal’s system (what there is of it) and a transfer coming in won’t and will struggle coming from a place with structure to a place of “go make a play”.

Well, that's not saying much. I think he's replaceable but that's just my opinion

Maybe? But yet another year of zero continuity.

How can we lose our entire team every single year, bring in a bunch of mid tier 5 stars and whatever decent ish transfers who have never played under Cal or played together and expect them to do well. Especially when he rely so heavily on freshman?

How is this fun? We’ve had like 987 dudes come thru here over the years.

This one hurts. Can’t say I blame him or want him to put himself through hanging around this temple of doom Cal and Mitch have built. But that kid’s toughness, scrappiness, and unquenchable optimism were things I was hoping would brighten the really crappy days we’re headed for. Best of luck, Adou.

You can only stand a whiny pos yelling at you as you're giving it your all, while he gives minutes you earn to someone who hasn't done a damn thing except be projected as a lottery pick.

That was Cal's responsibility.

I think if no coaching change, Mitch should make NIL management a AD-dept thing, and have a fully dedicated person managing that across all UK sports. OR if needs more than 1 person, have 1 for football, 1 for basketball, and 1 for the rest.
I think the NIL coordinator was the person we hired from Texas A&M about a year ago.

I’m sure most on this board will conveniently forget how terrible he was treated while he was injured. Cal could certainly put some of that to bed by being more clear about what is happening with injuries, but that isn’t always possible. Either way, that’s a real blow.

?

Reactions: BBUK
He just needed to get the type of minutes Edwards and Tre got. He was actually developing and actually making some things happen on defense.

Mitchell 30.3 MPG (Also played the 5)
Edwards 21.4 MPG
Thiero 21.4 MPG

In conference play:
Mitchell 27.8
Thiero 20.7
Edwards 19.6

Hate to see him go. Definitely believe he has some upside. I wasn't as enamored as some with his offensive abilities but there was no reason to believe he wouldn't get better as an upperclassman.

He didn't want to be at Kentucky. Until he says otherwise nobody on this board knows anything else. Maybe he only came here to please his dad. Maybe he was bored. Whatever.

Making stuff up doesn't make it so.
I feel like you're implying that the situation here has not caused this. It's obvious after 15 years that guys like this transfer because they're not getting an even hand. The bigger the prospect the more rope and opportunity you get. Even if you outplay the guy in front of you, it doesn't matter.

Adou knows nobody matter how good he plays Cal will play a high star less talented player in front of him because that's a Cal thing to do and we all know it.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
I hate to see this but after Cal only played him 7 minutes against Oakland you can't blame him.
Another terible Cal coaching decision .. terrible .. unfathomable
Thiero played only seven minutes in the NCAA Tournament against Oakland, a game that Kentucky lost 80-76.
see above
Thanks for deleting my post mods
Go ahead and delete my account I’ve had since 2005 or whatever. I’m done.
What was the jist of your comment ? People are raising nine kinds w/o getting deleted and I know you rarely if ever get nasty

How was he treated and by whom? I mostly stay away from the boards and basketball until after football is over, so I guess I missed it
I was told this by someone who deals with him through X. But it is the same basic stuff people say when anyone has an injury now…..they’re not really hurt, they’re going to shut it down, etc. 10 years ago I didn’t believe the social media/message board stuff had much if any impact on the thinking of players and their families. But that is a world that no longer exists. They see this stuff now and they are engaged with it. And, unfortunately, we have too many fans that are just WAY over the top with their criticism.

I was told this by someone who deals with him through X. But it is the same basic stuff people say when anyone has an injury now…..they’re not really hurt, they’re going to shut it down, etc. 10 years ago I didn’t believe the social media/message board stuff had much if any impact on the thinking of players and their families. But that is a world that no longer exists. They see this stuff now and they are engaged with it. And, unfortunately, we have too many fans that are just WAY over the top with their criticism.

Yeah I just saw this. The dad and I’m sure Adou were frustrated by people questioning the injury

Reactions: Girthang and gojvc
One last run, we need to get tougher, and the toughest guy on our roster just entered the transfer portal. Is this what hope looks like? I can't believe Mitch and Cal agreed that this path was the best for both parties. Almost laughable in my eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT