ADVERTISEMENT

Adou article

Dude has been one of the hardest workers on the team since he got here. He'd be the first one on the floor at Rupp getting shots up as soon as the doors were open nearly every single game. I hope he gets all the opportunity to shine this year.

Adou is the main reason I'm not all in on getting another big man. I want him to take a lot of those backup 3 and 4 minutes. We get another big and it pushes Bradshaw and Mitchell to eat up all the 4 spot minutes.

This is all assuming Bradshaw plays obviously.

9-man Rotation:

DJ, Dilly
Reeves, Dilly, Reed
Edwards, Adou
Mitchell, Adou, Bradshaw, Edwards
Bradshaw, Ugo, Mitchell

Mitchell and Bradshaw play together most of the minutes at the 4 and 5. Bradshaw is the 4 on offense and 5 on defense (and vice versa for Mitchell).

My biggest concern with this team is defense, so we have to have a shot blocker at the 5 at all times.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He just needs to work on polishing his game and learn to finish consistently.

Thiero is most likely going to see a lot of minutes at the 4 this season, especially until Bradshaw gets back healthy.

We have two guys that can play the 5 in Mitchell and Onyenso.

Edwards just said in an interview that Cal told him he would play the 4.

So Thiero will back up Edwards at the 4 for now.

When Bradshaw returns, Thiero could lose minutes with Bradshaw and Mitchell getting a lot of the minutes at the 4 and 5. But if Onyenso can’t handle big minutes, then Thiero might play some at the 4.

A lot of ifs for this season, but I like Thiero’s potential as a small ball 4 with his added bulk combined with his guard skills. Could create some nice mismatches at the 4 spot.

Still think Cal will do everything he can to add a veteran big man. If that happens, we may not see that much out of Thiero or Onyenso.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I've seen a lot of negativity in regards to Thiero and Onyenso getting playing time this year. I'm still trying to figure out if "we" want top flight freshmen or to develop multi year guys. Seems like "we" talk out of both sides of our mouths in this regard.
I hope they both develop, I have more faith in Adou playing well than Onyenso at this point. Sure we all want upperclassmen and freshman studs, but we don’t know how much we can rely on Sophomores who didn’t play a lot yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT