ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Addressing a '25 class situation again

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
There has been some talk behind the scenes about the status of QB commit Stone Saunders. First off, I don't believe the family has done anything to invite this speculation, but given the nature of the relationship between the former offensive coordinator and Saunders and the fact there's a new OC who quickly took another quarterback, I guess I understand it.

From the beginning what I heard is that if the new OC is as positive on Stone as Coen was then they would probably stick around. Stone visited Kentucky twice in the spring so there has obviously been a desire to build that relationship and to gauge where the staff is at.

The main thing I've heard since then, and have already reported, is that the family is saying don't believe the rumors. I have not heard that no, a decommit will never happen, but I will say that it's a situation I'm at least curious about moving forward. Really, unless/until you hear about Saunders taking other visits it doesn't rise to the level of something imminent, but this is definitely a situation I'm curious about as the class moves forward.

I do hate addressing something like this when the family has done nothing to invite it but it comes up and want to keep you up to speed and tell you what I know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News