ADVERTISEMENT

Ace Baldwin

Has Kentucky reached out to anyone yet from the portal? I keep seeing lists of schools for each, and UK is not among them ... maybe Puff Johnson and that's it?

What bothers me about this is Cal knows SEVERAL spots will be open ... he cannot just ride 5 freshmen, Ware, Thiero and Ugonna. No way. Yet I keep seeing UConn listed as reaching out to these transfers and they're in the damn Final Four so that's some excellent multi-tasking. Gonzaga, Arkansas, IU, several schools are all over these kids.

Jones just tweeted about this kid so it wouldn’t surprise me if Kentucky reaches out
I saw this and thought why is there a post about Alec Baldwin. It doesnt even say OT lol. I might finally have to take my docs advice and get those readers. Dam it!!!
Alec Baldwin Whiskey GIF by Product Hunt

Has Kentucky reached out to anyone yet from the portal? I keep seeing lists of schools for each, and UK is not among them ... maybe Puff Johnson and that's it?

What bothers me about this is Cal knows SEVERAL spots will be open ... he cannot just ride 5 freshmen, Ware, Thiero and Ugonna. No way. Yet I keep seeing UConn listed as reaching out to these transfers and they're in the damn Final Four so that's some excellent multi-tasking. Gonzaga, Arkansas, IU, several schools are all over these kids.
Johnson and Chris Ledlum are the only 2 I know of.

Pitino is after Ledlum & the kid is from New York
just the kind of player Pitino likes in his pressing style

Reink Mast from Bradley.

Defensively we could definitely use this guy. He's a phenomenal defender. I don't remember them talking much about his offense when I watched VCU play, but he's a good passer with good court vision. We can probably do better though if we have to have a guard from the portal.

Puff Johnson, yikes.

"Johnson is shooting just 24% from three, 38% from the field, and 65% from the free throw line."

He looks good. Yeah just 34% from 3 this year, but 41% last year.
HOWEVER.... he is a PG, and I can't see a top level transfer PG coming here knowing we have both Wagner and Dillingham coming in. Even if Dillingham doesn't come, I think it would still be hard.
So don't see a point in pursuing him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
34% from 3 this year, 41% last year which translates to 22% next year if he comes to Kentucky.
FALSE. Why do you guys keep LYING about that. Only 1 player has gotten worse as a 3pt shooter at UK, Fredrick.

He probably won't be keeping that nickname (Ace) if he comes here. Have to be able to take down a bunch of enemies (opponents) with your deadly shooting to be an Ace. Our shooters can't seem to rise to the occasion when it matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT