ADVERTISEMENT

According to MJ on X/Twitter re NIL

"One donor has already pledged $4 million upfront for NIL to help build Pope's program."

Guys, that is all its going to take. College basketball is NBA minor league now. Like it or not. With the UK brand and NIL money, Pope is going to get players. Once the current high schoolers see his style of play, people will get to know Mark Pope really soon. I mean how many high schoolers really knew Hubert Davis?? He is still reeling in talent with the UNC name alone.

I don’t believe it.

UK told MJ to play the game and not bash this hire (like he did last night on Twitter space) and they will let him back in the inner circle.

Nobody gave $4 million for the Pope hire, no way

This is the type of info that needs to be made public asap if you want to stop the revolt.
If you can buy a good enough team then coaching doesn’t mean as much.

You just can’t fill it with soft as charmin freshmen.

I don’t believe it.

UK told MJ to play the game and not bash this hire (like he did last night on Twitter space) and they will let him back in the inner circle.

I can confirm it is true. And there will be many others.

Pope is going to have everything to build a roster.

I don’t believe it.

The only person giving UK 4 million outright is the crafts themselves and it’s possible.

I am very skeptical he can get any top recruits or transfers. If I am a recruit or transfer I would go elsewhere and I love UK bball as much as anyone.

I know some of the others have the money but I’m honestly surprised someone other than the crafts were willing to give that kind of money.
Let’s you know right away that the big boosters were okay with this hire then.

How much total NIL do you think we will see?
$6-8 Million. People just need to calm down. It was a shock hire to everyone....but he will have everything he needs to build a good roster....and he can COACH

I don’t believe it.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Keep crying.

Cool, recruits will still have to choose him over coaches they have grown up watching and wanting to play for. I don’t see it happening. Nobody knows who this guy is.
It’s a different time. These young dudes want money and a system that turns them loose. Throw Kentucky on the chest and a coach that is youngerish, connects with his kids and wants to win….
I am all in on Pope and I bet the big boosters will be too.

Cool, recruits will still have to choose him over coaches they have grown up watching and wanting to play for. I don’t see it happening. Nobody knows who this guy is.
In some fairness, two and a half years ago no one knew who Dan Hurley was unless they grew up in Jersey and heard about his dad. Even then, they won back to back.

Guess what: these same donors would've ponied up for Bruce Pearl or Billy Donovan as well.

Stop rationalizing this hire.

• Haha
Reactions: flacat22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT