ADVERTISEMENT

Absolutely amazing article about KAT and KG as his mentor

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
In my opinion, the best article I've read in a long time. Talks about how Kevin Garnett's energy has broken so many players over his career, and how Towns has soaked everything that KG has been teaching him up like a sponge, and how KAT tries to match Garnett's intensity every day.
Would definitely recommend it to anybody, it's long, but a great story. Towns is special and he'll have an amazing career. I won't be even slightly surprised if we see him in the Hall of Fame one day.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14172961/the-cruel-tutelage-kevin-garnett

In my opinion, the best article I've read in a long time. Talks about how Kevin Garnett's energy has broken so many players over his career, and how Towns has soaked everything that KG has been teaching him up like a sponge, and how KAT tries to match Garnett's intensity every day.
Would definitely recommend it to anybody, it's long, but a great story. Towns is special and he'll have an amazing career. I won't be even slightly surprised if we see him in the Hall of Fame one day.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14172961/the-cruel-tutelage-kevin-garnett

Yes, a VERY good read. I always chuckle at the low hit count on article threads, even with an enticing title like yours. I've noticed that many of our fanbase don't like more than a paragraph at most. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don't think I would like to play with a guy like Garnett.
Candy Ass!

*Breaks chair over your head*

*Lets out a tribal roar while beating chest, sprinting towards midcourt*

*Hops intensely in an octagonal pattern around the center logo, maintaining stare at the rest of the team*

*Begins urinating gently into basketball shorts - muttering profanities under breath in an ancient language thought to be lost thousands of years ago*

*Lays down to rest in warm pool of urine, pulling a lock of Glen Davis's hair out of pocket to chew on while falling fast asleep - not to be awoken until the next practice - for which he will be 2 hours early and literally foaming at the mouth*

Candy Ass!

*Breaks chair over your head*

*Lets out a tribal roar while beating chest, sprinting towards midcourt*

*Hops intensely in an octagonal pattern around the center logo, maintaining stare at the rest of the team*

*Begins urinating gently into basketball shorts - muttering profanities under breath in an ancient language thought to be lost thousands of years ago*

*Lays down to rest in warm pool of urine, pulling a lock of Glen Davis's hair out of pocket to chew on while falling fast asleep - not to be awoken until the next practice - for which he will be 2 hours early and literally foaming at the mouth*
What the...

Reactions: KYtotheCore
"….

I can feel this

Reactions: Jkwo
Man, I knew KG was crazy, but after reading this, now I think he's bat-shit insane. But, he sounds like a fun dude, nonetheless. [laughing]

Great article,

also kind of tells you what it takes to get to the top.

I know Curry isn't an asshole, but his work ethics is out of this world.

Last edited:
Fantastic story... There is very little that is as satisfying as a good piece of sports journalism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT