ADVERTISEMENT

A winner Vs a loser. ( Coaching)

CRZ4UK

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2021
One thing stuck out to me on U6s last drive. I love CMS but with a little under a minute he went to the dreaded rush 3 drop everyone back. I was like…. NO!!!!!!! U of Smell took the bait though. We left 12 yds wide open and they took it. The QB was under zero pressure to throw but the QB dumped it to a WIDE OPEN receiver for 12. They lost.
Auburn had Alabama on the ropes in the exact same situation. Here’s the difference. Auburn went to rush 3. Milroe didn’t dump because all 4 receivers ran 20 yd routes. On that final play they could have tried just to pick up that first down. Still 30 seconds left. Saban sent all 4 wideouts to the endzone. He knew rushing 3. Milroe would have all day to sit back and wait. He did. TD. He could have waited another 5 seconds. 3 vs 5. Alabama lineman. None of Auburns 3 got anywhere close to the QB. Two didn’t get past the LOS. Lol. I’m glad U6 took the bait but I absolutely hate the rush 3 and try to cover. It almost never works yet it is a PRIMARY PLAY in our scheme. Good coaches will have their QB be patient and win in that defense.

Reactions: brbates
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News