ADVERTISEMENT

90 team NCAA tournament

Just start the tournament in November. Eliminate the regular season. Let our guys rest up for the draft. That’s all that matters anyway. Gotta be able to slip into those fancy duds and do the walk properly. Experiment new mops on the head. That’s what’s important. Regular seasons suck anyways.

I find it to be a terrible idea. People will think it might open it up for more mid majors, but in time you’ll see more sub .500 power 5 teams getting in.

People need to stop trying to add more to everything, it’s going water sports down even more.

The CFP expands so, everything else needs to get bigger too I guess. It's a money grab at this point. Instead of working to make the regular season better and more entertaining they do their best to ruin the last great thing associated with college basketball. Typical.

Let's just put every team name on a piece of paper and every day for the next 6 months- pull 2 names out of the fish bowl where the names are and those 2 teams are eliminated. Then on the 180th day declare a winner.

Since we are talking about stupid ideas like 90 team tournaments.

Even that is four too many.

64 was the right number …they never should’ve expanded beyond that, and now they want to make a bad idea even worse.
Yeah I saw a college writer saw make the final 8 teams all high major teams or the last 8 teams on the seed line instead of some of these small conference teams and I agree it would lead to better potential games, but 64 was perfect and they got greedy like they will be with the college football playoff

They have all their eggs in the March Madness basket. Here's a few ideas....
1. Delay the Start of the season by 1 month. Once the football championships are done, we should have major match ups on the 1st vacant weekend.
2. Get rid of the block/charge. I hate it, just a pet peeve of mine.
3. Widen the lane
4. Go to Qtrs, not halfs

128 team tournament where the first round is played on home courts. We dont need freaking byes and things that make it all complicated . just simple extra round where everyone plays and it would have to be 128 teams. granted I'd rather it stay as it is........ but if its going to change, 128 teams is the only number I'd like.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Reactions: RunninRichie
I hear you all.

But there is a way of doing this where all that automatic bid stuff gets taken care of in play-in rounds and then after that you really do get the magic number 64—only now it means the 63 best teams plus the best Cinderella.

I wouldn’t mind seeing that tournament.

If they expand then fold the NIT into it and give auto bids to a conference's regular season champ AND it's tournament champion.

They have all their eggs in the March Madness basket. Here's a few ideas....
1. Delay the Start of the season by 1 month. Once the football championships are done, we should have major match ups on the 1st vacant weekend.
2. Get rid of the block/charge. I hate it, just a pet peeve of mine.
3. Widen the lane
4. Go to Qtrs, not halfs
If not elimination of fouling out, at least go to 6 fouls.

I agree, its too many. But if we are going to reward that many teams .... ALL reg Season Champs get a bid + All Conf Tourney Champs.

I know some conferences "don't deserve 2 bids". But NO CONFERENCES deserve 8, 9, 10 bids either. If we can't reward a reg season champ over a sub .500 Power 5 Conf afterthought....... then we should be thinking whether that conference deserves any bids.

Plus, at 90 bids I would rather see a conf winner like St Pete or Iona that maybe lost in their tourney but still got in rather that a 9th place Big Ten team. Neither are winning the title, but 1 of them earned a chance to try.

Why go with 90 and not 96?

96 top 32 teams get a bye t round 2. Other 64 play to get there

What is the hang up with uneven brackets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT