ADVERTISEMENT

702 transfers this year but one and done is ruining college basketball.

Or if they are the BEST player on their team, they are destroying that team to go to another team. So it does have two sides to talk about.
I do not understand this yet. A player that wants to transfer and in turn, better himself, is ruining a team if he leaves.
A player leaving early for the NBA, and wanting to better himself, is not ruining a team.
In either case, the player is no longer on the team. But we as the population view a transfer as negative and simply leaving school as positive.
Would we feel the same if the star player for Butler left after his sophomore season for a job on Wall Street rather than the NBA.
Most likely we would think that is absurd.

you are kidding me right....do you know how hard is it get in to normal schools on the merits? and a vast majority of these guys no matter where they go to school take bull shit classes. you really think sports recreation management is a real thing? getting a good job is irrelevant to the work done in college. was in hong kong last year for work...dude flat out admitted he hired and payed 6 figures to former rugby players...didnt even matter what they majored in. he just wanted to stack his company team! lol

again i dont care, i'm fine with it, it gives these guys at least a fighting chance...but lets not kid that these are anything close to real students. taking advanced swimming as a junior after transferring is just as "fraudulent" as being a 1 and done and not going to classes.

too many generations just want to live in a made up false narrative of these "student athletes", some sad romantic notion that its more pure or something.
Heck, might as well stay here and become the Ag Secretary.

That is about as far from the truth as possible. We may have a team full of NBA players, but there are teams that have NEVER had a player picked in the draft.
Simple math says that of the 5000 college basketball players ion D1 only 40 make it to the NBA each year, another group goes overseas, and then the VAST majority are there to get an education and use their learning for a real job.
They may be there because of sports, but that is the whole point (using athletics to give someone a chance at a future they would normally not have.
Also, you are now insinuating that the APR and GPA of these players is laughable since they "take absurdly stupid classes."

it is. it wasnt too long ago you could go to any schools athletic website, go to a roster, and check out that players profile page. on that page would be the major. that is no longer the case. maybe seeing 80% of a football team majoring in "university studies", "education", or "sports science" started raising flags.

deep down folks like you want to believe in this amateur bull shit so much, "no my school does it the right way"...its a joke man. yes these kids take real classes on a real campus...but that doesnt actually mean they are REAL classes doing real work.

I do not understand this yet. A player that wants to transfer and in turn, better himself, is ruining a team if he leaves.
A player leaving early for the NBA, and wanting to better himself, is not ruining a team.
In either case, the player is no longer on the team. But we as the population view a transfer as negative and simply leaving school as positive.
Would we feel the same if the star player for Butler left after his sophomore season for a job on Wall Street rather than the NBA.
Most likely we would think that is absurd.

Some Mid Major schools and Div II schools can't take the hit like the Kentuckys and Kansas schools. Big difference when you can keep getting the top 50 kids yearly. Plus I think they should go wherever they want, I was just giving the other poster another side to his argument.

These kids aren't slaves, according to the NCAA they are even employees. They SHOULD be allowed to tranfser at will. The only reason we have a red shirt year after transfer is to keep it from becoming a complete open market.

Some of you just cant wait to completely destroy college basketball. What it shows is your value set, complete anarchy. You're worse than the ncaa, and if you had your way college basketball would be rogue. Anything goes, no rules.

Its disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT